• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TE/AE United XXVII

tfctpa

Donation Time
I don't know how many made it to United, but it was something to see. Over 40 Sunbeams at the famous Daytona Beach bandshell. Other than mine, I had never seen a Sunbeam in 'real life'. Here are a couple of pictures I took from the top of the movie theater.

DSC_7603.JPG

DSC_7602.JPG

pdq67

Donation Time
There were several Non-Tiger cars that were wonderful. The Imp was awsome. There were also two Harrington Alpines and a Harrington Lemans (I may have missed a 4th Harrington). a '55 Alpine that was surprisingly quick at the Auto-X, Ed's wonderful car, and some very nice Alpines. Mr. Moon's white Alpine was a show stopper. He must have used a gallon of metal poilsh on those wheels. There was even a Sunbeam van/camper looking thing. I'm sure I missed a few Non-Tiger Sunbeams but you get the picture. The Tigers were out in force and the mutual admiration for all models of Sunbeams was the real theme of the event.

65beam

Donation Time
united

the imp took first in rare rootes .i guess you could say most of the awards went to alpines or other rootes cars, with the exception of the tiger classes.we took first place in the premier class with our alpine .we had ians type A ,eric's LeMans ,rick kellet's type D harrington,the IMP, a hillman husky,a 54( ?) alpine that was driven from the NEW YORK CITY area and lots of fun . it was an interesting week to say the least.

65beam

Donation Time
united

how could i forget one very important car! grandpa ed's talbot was there also.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone care to go camping in a Sunbeam?

Check out these two pictures!

Todd Smith
63 Alpine
Lexington, SC

Jim E

Donation Time
Looks like Bob Sharkey's car, did it have a tan interiour and absolutly top notch fit and finish? Bob's car is a Jose kit conversion.

tfctpa

Donation Time
Absolutely beautiful finish, tan interior and top, and New Jersey vanity plates. Wish I'd taken the time to crawl under it.
Look at the reflection in the hood, like a mirror!

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like Bob Sharkey's car, did it have a tan interiour and absolutly top notch fit and finish? Bob's car is a Jose kit conversion.