• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Talbot Berlin Mirror Parts

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Some might already have this information but I just came across it looking to replace some parts on some 333 mirrors I have. Well Talbot's been out of biz for some time so I looked to the usual places to no avail. A google search took me to a car club and on one of the thread postings I came across this co.
Günther Hansele
aardvark international
Talbot & Co. / Cibie USA / Vitaloni
www.talbotco.com
562 699 8887
Gunther's a nice guy and helpful, he bought the orig. tooling/designs and is reproducing mirrors as well as parts. I believe he's in Whittier,Ca. ...... Thought I'd pass this along, Looking forward to getting the parts i need and getting these on. The second pic is a curious one ... a Styla Swan Neck mirror ... I'd love to find a match for it, any leeds appreciated.

......Thanks, David

Attachments

• T-B 333.jpg
    T-B 333.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 37
  • SSWN.jpg
    SSWN.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey David,

I've bought parts from aadvark years ago for talbot mirrors, good quality stuff.

As for the styla floline swan neck. Is that one you own?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Yes Michael it is .... I couldn't find any aftermarket reproduction bullet style mirror's I liked, so I've been looking for older style mirrors for our cars. The Talbot's are nice because of the mounting system as are Hella's, but expensive. The Styla's are some of the nicest looking bullet style mirrors I think. Here's a better pic of the Styla and one of Gunther"s mirror's on a couple of Sunbeams. Sure would like to find a mate for this Styla. I believe you posted pic.s on an older thread and that got me searching. ..... Davidmirrors 003.JPG Aardvark Int.Mirror's on Tigers.jpg

...... David

alpine_64

Donation Time
David,

yes im a big fan of the styla flolines. Proper scale mirror nice shape and proper tapered retaining nut on end to match the form.

They were a pattern part that Wingard also used.

Im going to guess you acquired the one in the photo back in mid feb off UK ebay?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Guess ;)? .... To accurate for that, must have been "lurking":D ... Me too .... I wasn't sure if I wanted it as I think it's going to be tough to find a match, haven't seen one like it in all my searching not even a photo. I've had the best experience's (and shipping) from across the pond, better then here in the states. An acquaintance had some NOS Flo Line's for sale (UK) awhile back (Worthpoint or Gumtree I think) .... just couldn't justify the price ($350.00+ship) for my humble Alpines. ... in hindsight I wished I had bought them ... There gracing a vintage Cooper now. The pr. of Talbot's were under a "C"note as well as the Styla so the wife didn't go haywire over the cost ... I can get carried away sometimes on my cars ... the wife keeps me sensible ...... sometimes!

..... David