• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Switching oil pans

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have a 2.8 and some spare time on my hands. What do I need to do to change the oil pan, oil pump and dip stick position from the front to the rear? Already have the oil pan. :confused:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

You will need to swap the oil pick up too. When you wap the dip stick location, you'll need to pop out the little plug from the rear, then put it in the front hole, with a little sealer, to assure that you don't get a leak.

Jose

I have a 2.8 and some spare time on my hands. What do I need to do to change the oil pan, oil pump and dip stick position from the front to the rear? Already have the oil pan. :confused:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Jose!

Duh........:eek:

Actually I thought it might not be reusable. Cool. that sounds great. Thanks Jose.