• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV grill black out paint scheme

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I've been busy getting the SV ready for paint and mechanically road worthy. I have been making quite a few discoveries. Understand that this car has the original paint. Sunday I noticed that behind the upper and lower grill moldings the car was painted black. Question: Is the correct paint scheme? I'd like to know before go off to paint. I can takes pics if anyone would like a visual.

More project pics up at Webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/album/563299559Xwhpid?vhost=community

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This was also correct on Series 3. Many restored cars today don't include this factory detail and it just doesn't look quite right. They also hand brushed black paint on the rain gutter areas to the outside of the windshield. Open the doors and you'll see what I mean.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I've seen replies for the series 3, IV, & V on the black paint on the valance, but what about the series II? :confused: