• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Brake Caliper Subsitutes

johnd

Donation Time
Does anybody know if any brake caliper substitutes are available for SV front brakes. The early 1970's Capri calipers are no longer available. I remember reading somewhere that the TR3 or TR4 calipers are identical to the SV units. Can anybody confirm that? Thanks

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, Advance Auto Parts list the calipers for a 1974 Capri as availble for home delivery.

Tom

johnd

Donation Time
Calipers

Numerous sources claim to have them but once ordered the "unavailable" e-mails start to arrive. I've tried 7-8 places. That's why I'm now looking for a non-Capri substitute.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Have had TR3 calipers on my car since 2006. No problems. Exchanged my originals with TR 3's through Apple Hydraulics.