• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Surprise Harrington website

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting. They are in Saigon, Viet Nam. Did you notice the extremely rare bumpers they now make? I mean, Goordon Keeble?? Now that's rare.

Since they are soliciting for new ideas on things to make, do you suppose they would be interested in recreating some of the rarer items for Sunbeams?

I wonder what would go on a good list of 'unobtainium' items for Alpines?

-- Steering wheels (wood and plastic)
-- Steering wheel crash pads
-- others...?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Just looking at their capabiity maybe the Mk2 Tiger guys should investigate reproduction of the stainless arches and rocker moldings.

Steve

Nick Farrow

Donation Time
These guys have been selling interiors and bumpers for VW Beetles on ebay UK for some years now. Never bought anything from them myself, but I've heard the stuff is pretty good!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I love the BMW Isettas! I wish I could get one here, because with all the traffic here, it would be a cinch to get around. I drove one for a year, back in 1960. A friend of the family laoned it to me, since I didn't have a car at the time. It was a fun little bug.

Jose

64beam

Donation Time
They really look like fun :cool: . I am surprised no one has started racing them (maybe they already have!). Another part they could reproduce is the hardtop rear window trims.

Regards, Robin.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
They are now doing a sample run of Alpine SIII-V /Tiger bumpers for us. The material is stainless with Chrome content and they are coming with the "bumperettes". Will keep you posted about the progress. Just if anybody is interested...

65beam

Donation Time
harrington website

the bumbers are all the same but the early over riders are different from the 4 & 5 . with all the bumpers that are out there ,why would you not want to rechrome originals ? 450.00 gets me show chrome and i doubt that new ones could be bought for that .

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
You neither find straight blades nor can you have a rechrome for 450$ over here in Europe. Had a pair rechromed for my SI earlier but cost was more than 1k Euros. We expect a new set to cost under just under 700 Euros (depending on the total lot size and including the bumperettes) plus it´s made from stainless means will never rust anymore. Mount and forget...

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

you don't need to have straight bumpers. the shop i use in harrisburg,pa straightens and sometimes removes the factory stamping marks . they did this last year to the nos bumpers that i had for my 69GT. i have the bumpers for my wife's series 5 being done as we speak at a cost of 425.00 per bumper . and keep in mind that stainless will rust depending on the makeup of the stainless . triple plating is much better . but that's a matter of preference on the owners part .

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds very good. In that case we should pack a container and have it shipped over to your shop ;). There are many blades in comparable condition over here:

Attachments

• bumpers.jpg
    bumpers.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 26

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

this shop also is a fabrication shop and they have nice appreciation plaques for the quality work they do for harley davidson . they made a couple of the springs to pop the hatch on the lemans along with a few other pieces . they also plated them . the quality of their work in my opinion is second to none .the drawback is that it takes several months to get the work done . usually three to four months . we dropped the bumpers for the series 5 on november 8 and they're not ready yet , but worth waiting for ! they also have the pot metal pieces for the door window wings so i'm anxious to see how they turn out . they had pits so the cost is 110.00 each . ouch!!! time will tell . they aren't close to me either . it's 500 miles one way from where i live .