• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Supporting the Rootes Archive Centre - 2019

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Club is once again going to be making a donation to the Rootes Archive Centre (http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/ARCC/index.shtml) to help them retire their debt and support their efforts on behalf of all Rootes car owners. And, as was the case last year, another donor will be matching all donations made by May 1st, so now is a great time to do this.

As we did last year, the Board has voted to donate $1,000, plus match any donations made by members up to another $1,000. Members kicked in $850 in 2018, so our original $1,000 became $2,700 ($1,000 + $850 + $850), which was then doubled to $5,400!

Let's all do what we can to increase that amount this year! Every dollar you donate by May 1st will net the Centre $3! You can donate either via our PayPal account (membership@sunbeamalpine.org) or send a check to our Treasurer, DanR. (If you use PayPal, please remember to use the "Send money to a Friend” option so your entire donation goes to the Centre. Please also make an annotation that it is for the "Rootes Archive Trust".)

If you prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to the "SAOCA" and send it to:

Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

If possible please send Dan an email at tiger2dan@gmail.com to let him know it is coming. He can be reached at 864-554-0814 Cell EST if you would rather call.

Let's all pitch in support this worthwhile group and make another strong showing for the SAOCA!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
May 1st seemed like a long way away when I posted this in February. So long ago that I put off making a contribution. Apparently, many of us did the same, as so far we have only raised a small fraction of what was contributed last year. I just took care of my donation via PayPal. If you are like me and have just been procrastinating, please take care of this right away. We'll make our contribution on Monday. And, if you want to send a check, please just let Eric or me know how much you are sending. We'll add it to our total without waiting for the USPS.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
On behalf of the Board, thanks to the members who0 sent in a total of $400 in contributions. As promised above, the Board initially matched this and added another $1000, bringing the total to $1800. We then voted to round this up and the SAOCA's final contribution was $2000, which will then be matched by another donor, netting the Rootes Archive Trust $4000!

Member contributions this year were about half of what was donated last year. I am sure some of that was simply the fact that this was something new last year. But, I am also sure that some of you are like me, wondering what the real benefit of the Trust is and why we should continue to support it when we have yet to see any tangible benefits. For me, this is 'betting on the come', and I am trusting that it will pay dividends in the future. And, I recently got a glimpse of what that future will be like, thanks to a friend in the UK, who sent me a copy of a factory document detailing the placement of convertible/tonneau snaps and fasteners. http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/inde...ine-fitting-a-series-v-soft-top-part-i.27531/ While this particular scan doesn’t come directly from the Trust, it is a great example of why the Club, along with most Rootes car clubs, is supporting the Trust’s efforts. They are busy scanning all of the original factory drawings and will ultimately make them available to all Rootes car owners. This is really going to be a wonderful resource for all of us!

Thanks to all of the members who recently contributed to our fund-raising effort on behalf of the Trust.