• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Supporting the Rootes Archive Centre - 2019

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Club is once again going to be making a donation to the Rootes Archive Centre (http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/ARCC/index.shtml) to help them retire their debt and support their efforts on behalf of all Rootes car owners. And, as was the case last year, another donor will be matching all donations made by May 1st, so now is a great time to do this.

As we did last year, the Board has voted to donate $1,000, plus match any donations made by members up to another $1,000. Members kicked in $850 in 2018, so our original $1,000 became $2,700 ($1,000 + $850 + $850), which was then doubled to $5,400!

Let's all do what we can to increase that amount this year! Every dollar you donate by May 1st will net the Centre $3! You can donate either via our PayPal account (membership@sunbeamalpine.org) or send a check to our Treasurer, DanR. (If you use PayPal, please remember to use the "Send money to a Friend” option so your entire donation goes to the Centre. Please also make an annotation that it is for the "Rootes Archive Trust".)

If you prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to the "SAOCA" and send it to:

Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

If possible please send Dan an email at tiger2dan@gmail.com to let him know it is coming. He can be reached at 864-554-0814 Cell EST if you would rather call. If no answer, Please leave a message.

Let's all pitch in support this worthwhile group and make another strong showing for the SAOCA!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Asking if anyone is thinking on the donation to the Trust Fund?

We have less than a three weeks to make this thing work.... Please consider any amount $1, 5, 10, 20, any amount will be covered by the club and then doubled again by an anonymous donor that truly supports the Rootes Trust.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
May 1st seemed like a long way away when I posted this in February. So long ago that I put off making a contribution. Apparently, many of us did the same, as so far we have only raised a small fraction of what was contributed last year. I just took care of my donation via PayPal. If you are like me and have just been procrastinating, please take care of this right away. We'll make our contribution on Monday. And, if you want to send a check, please just let Eric or me know how much you are sending. We'll add it to our total without waiting for the USPS.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
On behalf of the Board, thanks to the members who0 sent in a total of $400 in contributions. As promised above, the Board initially matched this and added another $1000, bringing the total to $1800. We then voted to round this up and the SAOCA's final contribution was $2000, which will then be matched by another donor, netting the Rootes Archive Trust $4000!

Member contributions this year were about half of what was donated last year. I am sure some of that was simply the fact that this was something new last year. But, I am also sure that some of you are like me, wondering what the real benefit of the Trust is and why we should continue to support it when we have yet to see any tangible benefits. For me, this is 'betting on the come', and I am trusting that it will pay dividends in the future. And, I recently got a glimpse of what that future will be like, thanks to a friend in the UK, who sent me a copy of a factory document detailing the placement of convertible/tonneau snaps and fasteners. http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/inde...ine-fitting-a-series-v-soft-top-part-i.27531/ While this particular scan doesn’t come directly from the Trust, it is a great example of why the Club, along with most Rootes car clubs, is supporting the Trust’s efforts. They are busy scanning all of the original factory drawings and will ultimately make them available to all Rootes car owners. This is really going to be a wonderful resource for all of us!

Thanks to all of the members who recently contributed to our fund-raising effort on behalf of the Trust.

65beam

Donation Time
Jim,
One thing available from the Archive is the Heritage Certificate. It's what I would call a "birth certificate" of the car. I received it for the RHD Harrington a few weeks back.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
One thing available from the Archive is the Heritage Certificate. It's what I would call a "birth certificate" of the car. I received it for the RHD Harrington a few weeks back.
Interesting. Can you post a photo and let everyone know what is involved in getting one?

65beam

Donation Time
www.rootesarchive.org/heritage-certificate/ This gives you all the info you need. Todays cost is $65.00. When I have a few extra minutes I want to order a certificate for the series 4. I know when Dad bought it and the original selling dealer where the car came from in Columbus. Info prior to that would be interesting to know.110_0786.JPG

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I got this email from the Rootes Archive Center
Thanks to all who donated. If you have become a bronze, silver, gold, platinum, or diamond member of the SAOCA you helped with this donation! Eric

From: Matthew Ollman on behalf of Matthew Ollman <matthewollman@rootesarchivecentre.org.uk>
Sent: 04 May 2019 11:10
Subject: The Rootes Archive Centre

Many thanks for your clubs extremely generous donation to the Rootes Archive Centre building fund.

With your support we are closer to retiring the remaining £46,000 debt which is a little over a quarter of the original purchase cost and just under half of the original borrowings.

We are now resident in a modern fit for purpose building that secures the future for the archives and enables us to not only preserve the historical data that we hold and keep this fascinating and unique material available for like-minded Rootes enthusiasts but also to provide a base and museum for the Rootes Heritage that so easily could have been forgotten or even destroyed and lost for ever.

As an acknowledgement of your clubs continued generosity the club will be added to the Friends register at the Archive Centre and we will endeavour to keep you informed of our progress through our regular e-newsletters.

If we can help you with anything or there are drawings or photographs that you would like to see then please let us know.

If we don't already have it can you let me know the contact details for the club's editor and if there are other committee members who would like to receive our newsletter please advise of their email addresses.

With best regards on behalf of all of the Trustees of the Rootes Archive Centre.

Matt Ollman

upload_2019-5-4_7-43-30.gif

matthewollman@rootesarchivecentre.org.uk

www.rootesarchivecentre.org.uk

www.facebook.com/rootesarchivecentretrust

To make a donation by PayPal to support our work please use this link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R36A2FWT8WYGW

The Rootes Archive Centre Trust

Rootes Heritage,

Unit 15 Apollo Office Park,

Ironstone Lane,

Wroxton,

Banbury.

OX15 6AY

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for sharing that, Eric. Is the newsletter available online? If so, maybe we should set up a place where everyone an access it. If not, do you think we could get permission to share it, similarly to how we share the SAOC Horn?