• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Supercharged holley 390 for V6

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I ran into this supercharger for a Holley 390 cfm.http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1247185285063901243PZiqpK
Does anyone know about this. Is it one of a kind? Can it be used with the Offenhouser/Holley combo?
Ed

What you see in the picture is just a "bonnet" for the carb.

The blower you see is a vortec. Its bigger than it looks (thats an inline 6).

Not sure if there is enough room in the engine bay for the V6 and the blower.
If there is, it would be with a centrifugal (paxton or vortec) blower since the conventional roots type blower and its normal position would be too tall and protrude the hood.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Ed,

Holley carbs do not like being blown through. This is a blow through system, like the one I used on my turbo Alpine, and it had problems. I would suggest using a good fuel injection system, if you want to use a blow through set up.

Jose :)