• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI Convoy?

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi,
Ed Ericksen and myself have started a preliminary discussion on driving
out to SUNI this summer with any folks from the Northwest area that are
interested. It's always safer (breakdown wise) and more fun to drive in
a convoy.
Ed has suggested possibly meeting up in Spokane and leaving from there.
It's about a twelve hour drive from Spokane to Rapid City. I'd rather
take two days than drive one long day so that would mean a departure
from Spokane on Friday, June 19th morning to be there Saturday sometime.
If anyone is interested please e-mail me at milesfamily@....
Then we'll get a list of folks and we can all stay in touch that way.
Thanks,
Alan

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Convoy

Yes,, Sounds like a plan. Jane and I are planning to tow the Pumpkin, I am making a tow hookup for Alpines and may Fit Tigers too. A simple deal , But am out of country till Apirl 5... See www.chuckandjanestravels.blogspot.com
:):)
Will make a couple of extra hook up that fit standard tow bars..
CHuck

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,
Love your blog! Sounds like you guys are having a wondeful time.
As far as convoying goes, let's do it! So far there's the three cars involved, ours, yours, and Ed's. We'll arrange a meeting place in Spokane as the time draws nearer. We're not booked into the hotel in Rapid City until the Sunday so probably would get into Spokane on the Friday night and depart on Saturday morning if that works for you guys.
We haven't totally decided yet whether we'll trailer the Alpine or drive it. Actually we might even take the Rapier if the Alpine's not running any better but I hope to have all it's problems ironed out by then.
Say hi to Jane.

Alan

BTW you guys should come up for the ABFM in Vancouver in May (Ed and Margaurite too), Sunbeam is a featured marque and we're trying to get as many as possible out this year. You're welcome to stay with us.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Do you have a link for more details on this? I live on Vancouver Island and would love to check out a semi-local event

Sure, you can find all the info at Western Driver Magazines website at http://www.westerndriver.com/abfm/

Hopefully we'll see you there!
Another good site to check out is www.sunbeamcanada.org which is run by a friend of mine named Ohan. We're both planning this year's Rootes Rendezvous to be held in Vancouver and Whistler in Aug. Love to see you there too!

Alan

billantoad

Donation Time
Count Bill and I "IN" for the Suni convoy from Spokane! We are sending off our registration today.
Sharon

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Count Bill and I "IN" for the Suni convoy from Spokane! We are sending off our registration today.
Sharon

Great! I figure we should leave Spokane on the Saturday morning and stay overnight somewhere, maybe about a six hour drive from Spokane if possible. That would get us to Rapid City late Sunday afternoon. Does that work for you guys? You're in Oregon aren't you?
I'll try and find a motel in Spokane we can meet at on Friday night unless you guys or Chuck and Jane know of someplace.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Alan

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Great! I figure we should leave Spokane on the Saturday morning and stay overnight somewhere, maybe about a six hour drive from Spokane if possible. That would get us to Rapid City late Sunday afternoon. Does that work for you guys? You're in Oregon aren't you?
I'll try and find a motel in Spokane we can meet at on Friday night unless you guys or Chuck and Jane know of someplace.
Let me know.

OK OK From Mexico. I believe with Bill, Sharon. Plus others we may have 8-10 people coming 5 cars Ore, And SW Washington.
Jane and I will be back in OR @ or so 10 April. I have checked prices at the host hotel ...At 160 a night.Way expensive!!!!!! Am checking for any thing 20 -40 miles away.
Alan Do not know of a stay out near Spoky except my son's place at Tri-cities,Still plan on towing the Pumpkin..
Thanks,
CHuck

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,
Greetings from sunny Richmond (although not as hot as where you guys are!).
Did everyone want me to look into a hotel in Spokane for Friday night, June 19th? So far I've got myself and Mary Lou, Chuck and Jane, Bill and Sharon, and possibly Ed. Is there more than that interested?
As far as the hotel in Rapid City goes we paid $104.00 per night but you have to mention SUNI V when you book.

Thanks,
Alan

Pumpkin

Donation Time
convoy

Hi Chuck,
Greetings from sunny Richmond (although not as hot as where you guys are!).
Did everyone want me to look into a hotel in Spokane for Friday night, June 19th? So far I've got myself and Mary Lou, Chuck and Jane, Bill and Sharon, and possibly Ed. Is there more than that interested?

As far as the hotel in Rapid City goes we paid $104.00 per night but you have to mention SUNI V when you book.

I will send this one to the the non watchers this note and link..CYA
and thanks for that info Alan..
CHuck and Jane

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Decisions, decisions....

I have been back and forth whether I should/want to attend this event. Aside from the Imp charity project now in full swing. http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/
and my biggest charity project planned for 2011 and Targa Newfoundland, money is the main issue. Yet again, attending an event of this calibre is "a must". Plus it couldn't hurt to advertise my projects.

Aaarrrggghhh!. Someone help me make up my mind.!

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Decisions, decisions....

I have been back and forth whether I should/want to attend this event. Aside from the Imp charity project now in full swing. http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/
and my biggest charity project planned for 2011 and Targa Newfoundland, money is the main issue. Yet again, attending an event of this calibre is "a must". Plus it couldn't hurt to advertise my projects.

Aaarrrggghhh!. Someone help me make up my mind.!

Ok, you're coming! There I made up your mind. :)
Seriously, it should be a lot of fun and it would be, as you say, good advertising.
BTW I looked at your Imp pictures yesterday. I like the paint job. I'll have to come by in the next while and see it in person.

Alan

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Alan,

My mind is made up.

I spoke with Ed Erikson tonight and he will riding shotgun on this trip. I certainly cannot pass on an event such as this. I have one hurdle to overcome that is booking time off work. I 'm sure I can make it happen.

I'll call you tonight.