• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Wiring Kits now available!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all:
New Rebel wiring kits for Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers are now in production. The kits greatly enhance the circuitry for our Sunbeams and eliminate most of the wiring challenges of the outdated stock 2 circuit system. The kit/harness is assembled in America from American made components and uses heavy duty SXL wire labeled every 6" and bundled for easy installation. This kit has 9 circuits for lights, gauges, radio, heater, engine, and third brake light, plus 3 open circuits for whatever you might want to add such as power windows and doors, electric fan, etc. The kit has relays for an electric fuel pump and AC available as options.

I will bring several kits to the SAOCA Invasion in September. Meanwhile you can order a kit through my website at www.petesperformancewiring.com Suggested retail for the Sunbeam kit is $199.95 + shipping. I will sell the kit to SAOCA members for $179 + shipping.

from sunny South Dakota
Paul
'67 Series V (Ol' Blue) '66 Tiger MK1A, '64 V8 Alpine

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wiring Kit....

Ed, I will send you a PM right after I make this post.

Paul is in the process of moving and will be out of contact some during this transition.

He still has the wiring kits for sale.

Check your private messages shortly for Paul's phone number.

DanR

dmich2

Donation Time
Dan. I went to the site and the price is quite a bit different, but then I realized Paul's post was from 2011, so I guess we should expect they've gone up.

I'm interested in one, but can wait until Paul has moved.

Dennis

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Maybe SAOCA members might still get a discount from Pete? Seems like correct color coded wires from SS would make it easier if you need to find a short 50 years from now.

dmich2

Donation Time
Actually, I was looking at the wrong harness. I'll wait until Paul finishes the move to order.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
As indicated by Dan R, we have sold our home in Mitchell, SD and are moving to a new location near Vermillion, SD. I will be without internet access for a couple of days but should be back up and running by Sep 9th. In the meantime I still have my smart phone and can access email messages and the forum.

I have sold all my inventory - don't have to move it that way - and will not do any restocking until after Sep 9.

My website will continue to be available without any down time.
www.petesperformancewiring.com Check the site for current pricing.

For any of you considering buying new wiring, if you want maximum concourse judging points you probably should not buy my harness. On the other hand, if you want reliability, dependability and ease of installation then you should consider my harness.

Thanks to all who have bought from me in the past. I appreciate it.

from sunny South Dakota, Pete

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pete, How is your wiring labeled every six inches (as per your description)? Picturing wrap around paper strips everywhere. If printed on the wire, this could be easier to decider than color coding. But how could you do that? No need to answer until you have time. Hope your move goes well.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
JohnW, The wire has "lettering" that spells out the word or words for a specific function and the Instructions have the Function, wire gauge and it's color.

--------FUNCTION------------ ----GAUGE WIRE---- ------COLOR------
- Water Temperature Gauge 18 Lt Green
- IGN Switch Start 14 Purple
- 3rd Brake Light 18 Orange
- Electric Fuel Pump 14 Yellow

Web: www.rebelwire.com

Hope this tidbit of info helps,

DanR

bes426

Donation Time
Dan. I went to the site and the price is quite a bit different, but then I realized Paul's post was from 2011, so I guess we should expect they've gone up.

I'm interested in one, but can wait until Paul has moved.

Dennis
Are they the one to get? , I'm looking to rewire my 66 tiger as well

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
If anyone is interested in a Rebel harness, I took this over from Paul ( Pete) a couple years ago and have redesigned the harness to be easier to install and less expensive too.
Please contact me via PM for more information.

Cheers!
Steve

66blues

Donation Time
Hi Steve,
I am interested in purchasing the Rebel wiring harness for my 66’ Alpine. I tried website but was not able to connect with the correct site. Is this item still available?
Thank you,
Joe