• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Weight ?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Not sure where to post this, so I will try here. Has anyone weighed their Sunbeam each corner? I weighed my Ser II today that is very modified and I was curious how much it is different from stock.
My weighed in, without me in it.
LF 503 lbs
RF 530 lbs
LR 566 lbs
RR 513 lbs
Total 2112 lbs
IMG0767-M.jpg

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
.I would think your weights are off if you look at the figures.They seem to be too different from corner to corner.
Saying all that you are only about 6 pounds off the total empty weight which the manual says 2218 empty

socorob

Donation Time
Mine is off in the corners too the same way his is. If you had coilovers all around you could corner jack it and get your opposite corners Rathe same for a little better handling.

AutoX47

Donation Time
Thanks for the figures. That's a gorgeous looking Alpine, by the way!

Here's an easy to use calculator for corner-weighting (assuming you have adjustable height suspension)

http://robrobinette.com/corner_weight_calc.htm

At rest your corner weights look pretty good - especially if you haven't been tuning them. Of course, when tuning the balance you would want to take and work from measurements with you sitting in the car

socorob

Donation Time
FL 642, 27.9% FR 633, 27.6%
RL 523, 22.8% RR 500, 21.8%
2296 was the total weight of my series 2.