• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Tiger steering rack.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

For the Tiger people out there, what is an original left hand drive steering rack for a Sunbeam Tiger worth?

Thank you, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Depending on condition I've seen them sell for 4-5 hundred on up. Of course it also depends on having someone who happends to be looking at that same time. Rare bits can be a bit of a problem, on the one hand they're hard to find so should command many dollars, on the other hand not too many people are looking for them so they should be cheaper.

64beam

Donation Time
Thanks for the reply Mike. The other problem is that there are more Tiger's in LHD format than RHD. When my Dad purchased the RHD rack, it cost him five times the amount you stated. I don't want to just give it away as it is in very good original condition, so I'll hang onto it for now.

Regards, Robin.

alpinegt

Donation Time
Robin,

Almost two years ago you had a post regarding the value of a Tiger steering rack. Do you still have it?

Thanks,

Russ

64beam

Donation Time
Robin,

Almost two years ago you had a post regarding the value of a Tiger steering rack. Do you still have it?

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

Yes I do have the rack, but I found out from the guy who restored the Tiger that it was converted to a RHD from LHD by a professional. Apparently it can be returned to LHD, but at cost.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Robin,

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

you may wan tto try Dale A of Dales restos www.dalesrestos.com as he is likely to have some.. but why do you want an original rack.. you are better off going with a Midget or other rack to solve the tigers steering geometry issues

alpinegt

Donation Time
Thanks Robin and Mike. I am considering the MG rack conversion. Is there an article anywhere on converting?

Thanks,

Russ

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Steering rack

I, am thinking of peddling my Tiger xmember,has a Midget Rack coil overs,
Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers, 11" rotors, custom trackrods and has been
rewelded and strengthened pm if interested!

Joel