• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Tiger and Alpine Barn Finds

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Looks like a covered package shelf.for dry storage? Yes Eric, supposed to be lots of NOS parts also.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Does anyone see more than $100k worth of Sunbeams here? I see four Tigers in varying stages of various stages of rot and/or dismemberment, plus a bunch of Alpine rollers and shells. Oh, and an Arrow. Even including the Tiger trannys and diffs...

Given the size of it all, a buyer would likely be in it not for collecting, but for resale. I wouldn't look at these kind of cars & parts for less than a 50% gross markup, meaning the well-heeled buyer of this lot would have to see $2M in value, if the initial price means anything.

At first glance, I honestly thought the real estate must be included at that price. Maybe the seller will surprise us when he whips out 50 NOS sets of Mk II wheel trim and grills.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The old tale I heard was that they made about 1000 sets of MK2 wheel arches. Interesting to note Alpine and Tiger script holes are the same in fenders.
I'm amazed that ePay has not pulled the listing. Parts cars are 10 to 15,000 if not rusty.
Just imagine hiring guys from Home Depot parking lot and getting them to throw all the s*** you don't take into a dumpster for scrap. It looks like it would take a lot of manpower. Lol bring your own forklift...and a tetanus booster shot.

loose_electron

Donation Time
One comment on this EBay listing - it is in violation of EBay policy. It's not an honest auction, the guy is using EBay as advertising with an absurdly high start price to collect names of interested parties. Read what's written there.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The curved part reminds me of a GT set up but can't figure out what the big section is other than a filler to cover the
jump seat.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
When I saw this I thought of that older gentleman with all the parts in the san diego, ca area....Can't think of his name but an older guy like many of us

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
As far as I know he's still around. I believe his full name is Loren Smith. I spoke to him a few years ago
when looking for something and he was still there then. I'll look around and see if I can find any
contact info.