• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Specialties is For Sale

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just received an email from Rick McLeod advising that Sunbeam Specialties is for sale. The email actually asks if i might consider an investment and turn a hobby into a business. I’m hoping that he doesn’t sell to someone like Moss who could care less about the brand. Classic Sunbeam would be a natural if Curt wanted to have an outlet on the west coast. Hopefully there are some good prospects that arise out of the SAOCA membership.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I doubt Moss would be interested. They only bought VB for the triumph and MG inventory. I still suspect most of the sunbeam parts went in a dumpster.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I doubt Moss would be interested. They only bought VB for the triumph and MG inventory. I still suspect most of the sunbeam parts went in a dumpster.
Agreed. I know a lot of VB's Sunbeam inventory was junk but they did have some parts that were actually useful. I'm hopeful that one or two of the young guns coming into the hobby have the resources to take SS over and keep it running. Obviously, Californians would make the most sense.

Rick

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Just wondering if guys like Curt, Rick, British parts suppliers etc. buy their stock as seperate entities or if they buy and order as a sort of conglomerate. These guys know the parts and the volumes they go through. If they aren't working together perhaps doing so may be a benefit for all.
Hoping all goes well for Rick, and all the best .
Bob

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow let's beat on Calunicornia...
But back to the facts of selling SS.
How do you value the goodwill .
I am pretty sure he owns the building so given the price of commercial real estate and the legislature wanting to kill prop 13 basis valuations on businesses. Then there's inventory. IDK how many air cleaner housing's he has left but just the list of vendors that he obtains parts from has value. An example would be maybe he gets headliner's from ACME in Long Beach, no not Wile E Coyote's vendor of choice ;) But then living near the current location or moving the inventory also limits the pool of buyer's, if you could say there's anything in the pool :( But if you take a hint from others present at the STOA swap meet meet lots of windshields moved...