• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Spares

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I know this has been discussed before but on the Classic Motorsports Magazine, David Wallens asked specifically what Sunbeam Alpine parts he can approach the British Motor Trade Assn. to consider putting into production. This may be a nice oportunity for us. If you'll post your lists, I'll make sure I forward them to him. I don't know when his meeting with them is so the sooner the better.

Thanks.

socorob

Donation Time
The hockey stick trim pieces for a s2 and the extra bar assemblies for the convertible top. I've seen some people asking about the 3 eared gas cap.

socorob

Donation Time
where? there was a place in texas that had them before, but i called a few months back and they said they didnt have them anymore.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm guessing for clarity I'm going to need a part number or the factory name of the part.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I...David Wallens asked specifically what Sunbeam Alpine parts he can approach the British Motor Trade Assn. to consider putting into production. This may be a nice oportunity for us. If you'll post your lists, I'll make sure I forward them to him...

-- Oil pumps for pre-1725 engines
-- Oil sumps
-- Chrome badge surrounds
-- Fog lamp brackets
-- Cylinder heads (that one's ambitious, I know!)
-- OD transmission mainsafts
-- Any sort of body panels, particularly floors, wing bottoms, rockers (inner/middle/outer) and dog-legs
-- Rubber heater-box drains
-- Bonnet rod and handle assy.
-- Choke cable & knob
-- Oil pressure relief valve

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's exactly who I called. Did they start having them again?

I don't know... all I know is that Kip was *supposed* to be making them, but if you've called and confirmed that he's not, then I'd say we're out of luck. The only possiblity is calling the guy who did make them and see if he has the molds (or who he sold/gave them to).

alpine_64

Donation Time
Kevin some good suggestions.. but some i htnk are done.. others we need certain improvemnts or types

-- Oil pumps for pre-1725 engines..
no i just converted mine to 1725 spec.. dont do that now! :D

-- Chrome badge surrounds
(which ones.. the sheilds? they are available)
-- Fog lamp brackets
(UK club does them)
-- OD transmission mainsafts
- oh yes.. full syncro shaft though
-- Rubber heater-box drains
-- Bonnet rod and handle assy.
-- Choke cable & knob
-- Oil pressure relief valve -
THIS ONE IS VITAL.. and can we improve materials so they dont score so easily? maybe make them adjustable as standard as well.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Fair enough... I had forgotten about the surrounds, but you're right.

Also comes to mind...

-- Headlamp doors (both the 'Frenched' and the latter rounded ones)
-- Hardtop trim strips (back glass & gutters)
-- Hardtop repair sections, particularly the bottom rail under the glass, the corner pieces and the bits under the side windows (some of these may be still available, but not much stock is left and it's expensive as all h*ll)
-- SV interior mirrors
-- SV hand-brake return springs (for auto-adjustable brakes only)
-- Transmission tailshaft bushings (sleeves for inside the tailshaft, particularly for OD cars - bears on the outside of the driveshaft's splined end - they've been NLA for ages now. Important to make only the latter improved design - see WSM for this data.)
-- Front brake discs
-- Accelerator pedals (or are they making these now?)

ceecpa

Donation Time
I know this has been discussed before but on the Classic Motorsports Magazine, David Wallens asked specifically what Sunbeam Alpine parts he can approach the British Motor Trade Assn. to consider putting into production. This may be a nice oportunity for us. If you'll post your lists, I'll make sure I forward them to him. I don't know when his meeting with them is so the sooner the better.

Thanks.

I'd like the following....

Series V cylinder head
Series V steering wheel

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I would love to see another choice on the SI-3 switch escutcheons. As far as I know, Kips is the only choice and 1) their quality is only fair and 2) they don't make the combined Panel/Map bezel, nor the heater control bezel.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Keep it coming guys. Thanks for your participation. I'll be sending the wish list to David on Sunday.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Early series windshield rubber parts.

McGregors in Canada does the SI/II windsheild seal.. not sure about the bottom frame to body one.. but glass to frame they do.

And someone said SS is doing the A post ones for early cars?

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Water Pump. Last one I got was garbage.

Puff-I use an MG choke cable and knob. Not original but high quality and locks.