• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam rapier fastback video

65beam

Donation Time
Seems the boys in NZ have decided to up the spec on their rapier:

Unless he has changed the steering of the car this driver is one tough individual. Just ask anybody that has watched me on some of the mountain drives like last year in Virginia.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
From what I remember of my '69 Alpine Coupes, the steering column is tilted several degrees higher than on Series Alpines. Makes steering somewhat bus-like.

65beam

Donation Time
From what I remember of my '69 Alpine Coupes, the steering column is tilted several degrees higher than on Series Alpines. Makes steering somewhat bus-like.
The biggest problem is the weird angles of the wheels when turning and the front struts being close to vertical.