1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

Discussion in 'SAOCA Regional Chapter News' started by dansun22, Nov 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dansun22

dansun22 Platinum Level Sponsor

Hi folks, I am trying to get an idea of how many Sunbeams are being restored or currently on the road here in The Great White North! Just to exchange ideas, info. etc. Drop me line any time.
    Cheers !

2. Hillman

Hillman Gold Level Sponsor

In Sk, I know of: drivers (1 Alpine, 1 Talbot, 1 Tiger) under restoration (2 Alpines, 1 Tiger, 1 Imp). There may be a few more

dansun22 likes this.
  3. ChrisR

ChrisR Platinum Level Sponsor

There are a few of us in the Montreal region. I have an SV and I know a couple of gents with Alpines (Bernard Rose with his very nice SIII) and at least 3 with Tigers. All drivers. There are also a few in the Ottawa region I am aware of. At least one Tiger in restoration.

dansun22 likes this.
  4. Dens10

Dens10 Gold Level Sponsor

Hi I have a 1968 series 5 and in the Kitchener Ontario area.
    I know there are a couple of tigers around this area.

dansun22 likes this.
  5. Paul354

Paul354 Gold Level Sponsor

I have a 1966 Series 5 in the Greater Toronto Region

6. nsbluenose

nsbluenose Bronze Level Sponsor

These are what I am aware of. Probably there are others.
    In Nova Scotia, 1 Singer, 2 Alpines, 1 Tiger, 3 Sunbeam Talbots
    Newfoundland, 1 Humber
    New Brunswick, 1 Tiger

dansun22 likes this.
  7. clhiller

clhiller Silver Level Sponsor

I have a Series 1 in Leduc, AB

8. bobbo

bobbo Gold Level Sponsor

mine is a series V, in southeastern Ontario.
    Drop a line to: ronstein@greatlandscorp.com , He produces the Rootes Report up here in Ontario.
    Has also linked up with TEAE and a British club. Produces a monthly Rootes news letter, great info .
    Send me a PM and I'll forward a link. Has over 200 members if memory serves me right.
    after the demise of Sunbeam Sportscar Club of Canada SSOCC
    Bob

dansun22 likes this.
  9. dansun22

my home stomping grounds, till about 10 years ago. I am now in Canmore Alberta.

10. dansun22

impressive list of Cars. Would you be of the Hillman - as in manufacturer - lineage?

11. dansun22

hi Bob, great info.

12. dansun22

great to know! I guess the Covid Lockdown won't necessarily prevent any drives or planned get togethers?

13. BERNARD ROSE

BERNARD ROSE Gold Level Sponsor

My 1961 Series 2 has had a lot of work done this winter, including cleaning and resealing the gas tank, and repairing the trunk floor to support the tank properly. The engine needed work so I had the head redone and am replacing valves and guides. I also got new LED lights for the dashboard, and the signal and position lights. Currently trying to figure out where to find a replacement thermostat...suggestions would be appreciated. I hope to have it up and running for May.

UPDATE: After all of the above work was completed, we started the car and everything seemed fine, until we started to see coolant liquid dripping out...the water pump is leaking! Ordered a new pump which should arrive this week, and hopefully we're good to go.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    dansun22 likes this.
  14. nsbluenose

nsbluenose Bronze Level Sponsor

180 degree. Small block Chevy thermostat will fit perfectly. Get AC Delco brand from GM dealer.

dansun22 likes this.
  15. Hillman

Hillman Gold Level Sponsor

No, when I joined this site my Rootes car was a Minx so I named myself after it.

dansun22 likes this.
  16. Durhamguy

Durhamguy Platinum Level Sponsor

Hello, I just joined the site plus have just bought an Alpine. I am just east of Toronto in Durham Region. It is a 1965 Series IV Alpine. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I exist. Cheers

17. Alpine 1789

Alpine 1789 SAOCA President Platinum Level Sponsor

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the Club! I am looking forward to hearing more about it and we are standing by to help with any issues that may come up!

18. BERNARD ROSE

BERNARD ROSE Gold Level Sponsor

Welcome to the group. The Forum is a good source of information, and the members have a wealth of experience that they are willing to share, and some spare parts and pieces for fellow Rootes enthusiasts.

19. bobbo

bobbo Gold Level Sponsor

Hey there "Durhamguy". I'm not far from you in the Trenton area. Currently working on my Series V. Send me a PM if there is anything I can help with.
    Thas is an awesome forum for info and comradery amongst the Sunbeam crowd.
    Bob

20. Durhamguy

Durhamguy Platinum Level Sponsor

Thanks Bob. I am in Ajax. I took delivery last night and have spent the day cleaning it and fixing some minor items (which will be ongoing I am sure). Thanks to Bernard and Alpine 1789 for their welcome.