• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Invasion CANCELLED!!!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
For those entering a Sunbeam or other British car in the show on Saturday April 4th please send in the registration form before March 20th to save $10.
Also if you don't have a British car you can register anyway at a discounted price and save on admission costs to the Tartan Fest and the British car show.

Attachments

• BCCMC 2020 Car Show Registration.pdf
    604.3 KB · Views: 2

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
At our monthly British car club meeting yesterday I found out we have 12 Sunbeams registered for the show on April 4th so far!
That is more than any other class of British car at this show.
I also invited local club members to bring parts and join us for the swap meet on Friday at the host hotel and for the welcome reception that evening.
Come join us for a great weekend and lots of fun! Eric

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
At our monthly British car club meeting yesterday I found out we have 12 Sunbeams registered for the show on April 4th so far!
That is more than any other class of British car at this show.
I also invited local club members to bring parts and join us for the swap meet on Friday at the host hotel and for the welcome reception that evening.
Come join us for a great weekend and lots of fun! Eric
Eric I will be there!

65beam

Donation Time
Eric,
Is the festival still scheduled or has it been cancelled? My reason for asking is that any event here in Ohio that may have more than 100 people in attendance has been banned for a period of time due to virus concerns.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric,
Is the festival still scheduled or has it been cancelled? My reason for asking is that any event here in Ohio that may have more than 100 people in attendance has been banned for a period of time due to virus concerns.
Bob I was going but due to virus concerns Patty and I cancelled. Loudoun county has closed the schools so we have two young grandchildren to entertain.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
As of now it is still on. Subject to change of course and if I hear any bad news I will post it here ASAP!

65beam

Donation Time
Bob I was going but due to virus concerns Patty and I cancelled. Loudoun county has closed the schools so we have two young grandchildren to entertain.
Gordon,
Ohio closed all schools for three weeks and there are extended spring breaks for colleges. Then colleges will go to online classes for awhile.

lovethecar

Donation Time
I wrote the organizer of Tartan Day South...this is the reply.

Hi Mary, as of today we are still on. We will be meeting with our municipalities on Tuesday and have a statement on Wednesday. Of course we are following the situation as closely as we can. And to be honest this decision will probably be out of arguments. Keep following us on our website and our Facebook page

lovethecar

Donation Time
As of now it is still on. Subject to change of course and if I hear any bad news I will post it here ASAP!
I heard from one of the organizers and they are meeting Tuesday to discuss. However I searched events in SC and so MANY are cancelled or postponed. I wager it is not happening.

lovethecar

Donation Time
Made our decision....not going to the Invasion i.e.Tartan Day South in any case. Maybe next year....hey more time to work on the car/ rv and TR3B plus garden enjoy Spring in Virginia...

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
NC all public schools are closed,more than 100 people in attendance has been banned for a period of time, and most churches are closed.

There's an app for almost everything for smart phones. Maybe find or make an app for online car shows. just kidding (kind of).

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
NC all public schools are closed,more than 100 people in attendance has been banned for a period of time, and most churches are closed.

There's an app for almost everything for smart phones. Maybe find or make an app for online car shows. just kidding (kind of).
That would actually be a pretty cool idea, until we return to normalcy.

I’ll add my two cents...

Car owners could do a simple, cellphone, ‘walk around’ video of their car, describing facts and details about their car. Car clubs, charitable organizations, etc could announce a date and time that they would make a “car show” post on their site or chosen social media platform. At the designated time, car owners could just upload their video to the site.

If it’s a charity, maybe there could be a small charge, $5 or ‘donations accepted’ type thing, and the organizations could even do virtual awards...or maybe just a people’s choice.

I think it could be very intricate if desired but could also be as simple as commenting on a FB post with your video (for those on FB). I know this group has a FB page but I’m not making this suggestion to start a debate on the pros and cons of FB. I know that groups have been virtual 5ks for a few years as fundraisers...

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Made our decision....not going to the Invasion i.e.Tartan Day South in any case. Maybe next year....hey more time to work on the car/ rv and TR3B plus garden enjoy Spring in Virginia...
My wife and I cancelled our invasion trip. Loudoun county schools closed. We are pretty well off I went to Costco before panic set in. Where do you live in va? We live in Purcellville. Time to go back to work on the Alpine.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
My wife and I cancelled our invasion trip. Loudoun county schools closed. We are pretty well off I went to Costco before panic set in. Where do you live in va? We live in Purcellville. Time to go back to work on the Alpine.