• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Invasion 20XV

What city should host the 2015 Invasion XV?

• Las Vegas, NV

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Batesville, IN

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Atlanta, GA

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • St. Louis, MO

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • New Orleans, LA

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other, please specify in the comments.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Perhaps we should have a poll to vote on potential Invasion 20XV locations that have and haven't been mentioned.

(Note that this is non-scientific, non-binding and based solely on my own curiosity.)

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Greg, I can't vote, but I can ask a question. Does this mean you are volunteering to hold an Invasion in Atlanta?

Bill

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm a small part of a team that's been kicking around putting together an Atlanta invasion for a while now. We've been offered the featured marque at the 2015 Norcross show (atlantabritishcarfayre.com) if we can get 30 cars (though I've never seen 30 of another marque there). We had 10 Sunbeams last year. Come check it out, Saturday after Labor Day.

There's been talk of a drive into the North Georgia mountains, and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area that can accommodate the group.

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

we had what I guess could be called an SOS at the mitty several years back. everybody had a good time.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm a small part of a team that's been kicking around putting together an Atlanta invasion for a while now. We've been offered the featured marque at the 2015 Norcross show (atlantabritishcarfayre.com) if we can get 30 cars (though I've never seen 30 of another marque there). We had 10 Sunbeams last year. Come check it out, Saturday after Labor Day.

There's been talk of a drive into the North Georgia mountains, and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area that can accommodate the group.

Hell, tell them you will get 40 of them. If 25 show up, what would they do? Probably invite you back next year.

Don't think that because I suggested Batesville I'm against a Southern Invasion. I'm all for any activity in the mountains. Maybe have the Invasion in the mountains with a drive to Norcross.

Bill

mikephillips

Donation Time
I'd go with Batesville since it's close to home. That being said, it's been mentioned over the years that it would be nice for there to be a west coast Invasion for those living out there who feel the midwest is further than they can make it. So I'd also vote for Vegas or another western location for those guys to get together and enjoy a long weekend. Since Invasions aren't financed throught the club but by the participating members doing two wouldn't be a financial hardship.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'd go with Batesville since it's close to home. That being said, it's been mentioned over the years that it would be nice for there to be a west coast Invasion for those living out there who feel the midwest is further than they can make it. So I'd also vote for Vegas or another western location for those guys to get together and enjoy a long weekend. Since Invasions aren't financed throught the club but by the participating members doing two wouldn't be a financial hardship.

And being so far apart, no one could complain about conflicting schedules. They could even be held on the same weekend.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Like Todd said! I went to the Mitty this year and they really look out for car clubs at this event-free infield parking in a reserved area for your club and plenty of great racing to see. Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Maybe have the Invasion in the mountains with a drive to Norcross.

Bill

That's a pretty good idea.

The weekend after Labor Day is not that far away, come on down this year and check out the show.
I also like the Mitty idea.

Tom j

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
I like both ideas. I went to Norcross last year, great turn out of cars and a well run show. My question? Do you think the Mitty show being April 24 -26 will conflict with all the other shows starting in the south, pulling from the numbers for an Invasion?
A later show in the late summer /early fall my give more of the northern owner a chance to have their rides ready for the trip? Norcross is one of the largest British shows I have been to and I think the idea should be explored

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Invasion. Yes or No?

Well, its official. The 2015 Invasion has been scrubbed for over 24 hours and not a peep out of anyone.

Does anyone care?

Bill

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Well, its official. The 2015 Invasion has been scrubbed for over 24 hours and not a peep out of anyone.

Does anyone care?

Bill

Yes obviously we will not be having a spring Invasion in Las Vegas. Our VP Nick is still trying to gather some support to organize a Southwest Invasion this fall, either Las Vegas or even Southern California. Unfortunately there is not much concrete yet.

It really comes down to willing and committed volunteers to organize an event.

I encourage everyone to attend the TE/AE United in Dayton this June.

More importantly, if anyone is willing to help Nick organize a west coast Invasion please step up.

Also if anyone feels there should be an Invasion in their area, you need to step up and volunteer to organize it. It's not too early to think about 2016.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I will throw in this idea, because I did give it enough thought that I did have somewhat of a game plan.
If in Vegas, there is a "Cars and Coffee" every Saturday morning just off the 215 at Eastern. I was planning on this being part of our event. Lots of cars, people and some british guys there. I am willing to help.