• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam get together

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Kelly Mathis is inviting all the Sunbeam guys, from all over the western states, to come to the second anual Sunbeam get together at his place. Last year we had a great time together. This year, we hope all of the V6 Alpines that were being put together at that time, will be completed and there too. At last count, there were twelve V6 Alpines under construction in the So. Cal área alone. The get together is open to any Rootes vehicle, so please bring all of your toys.

We are expecting guys from as far away as Provo, Utah, to come. Rob Wiseman says he's bringing his newly finished 1961 V6 Alpine, that has a stroker engine in it. From the pictures, it will be a treat to see it.

The meet will be held at Kelly's place in Yorba Linda, California. I will send the address in an email, to whoever wants to come. The date will be, May 26th (the Sunday before Memorial Day Monday), at 11:00 a.m. till.....

I want to extend a special invitation to all the guys in the Arizona chapter to come. It will be fun to get together like we did at Jim Dimond's place last year in Phoenix.

I will personally be there, and I will be coming all the way from Colombia, South America, (I wouldn't miss it) so don't let a couple hundred miles deter you. I want to meet those of you that I haven't had the opportunity and privelege to meet in person yet. If you'd like to come, please drop me an email and I will send you all the contact info.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you soon.

Jose

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Jose

Wouldn't that be great if I was any where close and could attend.

It is still winter here and the snow is slowly going.Still a good 2 feet in the yard and below freezing temperatures for a bit longer.

Say hello to all

RootesRich

Donation Time
This sounds like a great time and potentially the largest gathering of V6 Alpines I've ever heard of.
I wish I could be there, but money is just too tight right now. Please, please, please take pics and make them available for viewing (at least to me ;)).
Jose, I'm still hoping that we can meet in person someday; unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be this year. :(

SoCalpine

Donation Time
Another party at Garage Mahal :D Hopefully there won't be torrential rain this year. I'm hoping my car will be ready, but..... Either way it is guaranteed to be a good time.

SDuncan

Donation Time
As an honorary member of the Arizona Chapter and a V6 owner, I wish I had the means to get there for this event. I enjoyed meeting Jose, Kelly, Nick and others at Jim Dimond's last year. It would be nice to renew acquaintances. I look forward to photos a d a report of the festivities.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
.....Honorary got nuttin to do with it. Your association with Darksiders, particularly from SoCal/Arizona....? Your reputation is forever in question...

kmathis

Donation Time
Yes, our reputations are forever in question.:rolleyes:

We did have some torrential rain last year didn't we, but being that it is in May, hopefully we will have some good warm weather.

Should be a fun day regardless, I am looking forward to seeing everybody.:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Dan Luna,

If you´re lurking out there, I want to personally invite you to come to the Sunbeam meet at Kelly´s place on Sunday, May 26th, in Yorba Linda. If you´d like to come, send me an email or p.m. and I will send the address to you.

Jose

lillypad

Donation Time
Yes I could use his address again. Jose thanks in advance for that. Looking forward to meeting you and putting a face to your names
John

kmathis

Donation Time
V6 Jose is in town

Hey, any of you Darksiders,... or not; As you may have heard, V6 Jose is in town and will be at my house on Sunday May 26th, of the Memorial Day Weekend. Starting around 11 AM 'till whenever. Should be some pretty good talk, tech, and sounds...food too.

So, whether your car is running or not, we want you to represent your car even if it is in the garage. Come out and see a couple of cars that are together and take a few notes, I know how much that helps.:eek:

Looking forward to seeing any of you that can make it; so if you weren't sure if you could make it or not, maybe this will push you over onto the Darkside...:D

I live in Yorba Linda, and for my address, send me a PM, or e-mail me.

gordonra

Donation Time
I hope we have a good turn out at Kelly's tomorrow.

Jose is in town and will be there to help with any V6 questions.

We don't have a head count at all, but sounds like the grill will be going strong. My wife made good, old fashioned, southern style, banana pudding just for the event.

I'm driving my Alpine, and of course Kelly's immaculate machine is there.

Who elese is planning on coming, and will you be bringing your Alpine?

Rich

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well Boys and Girls, we had a great time together at Kelly's place. We didn't count heads, but there were about n20 people there. There were 6 Sunbeams, 5 V6 powered Alpines and one stock Alpine. I got to finally meet several people that I have dealt with through the years, but had never met them in person. It was nice to put a face on a voice I've heard before.

Kelly and I had fun trying to get Tom's Alpine to run better, but we didn't have starter fluid to be able to find the leak that made it impossible to adjust the carb. The distributor is also one tooth too advanced, so was impossible to get the timing any closer than 18 degrees advanced (should be 12 degrees). We were, at least, able to get it to run a bit better and he now knows what to do to make it right.

Tom's Alpine is beautiful, as were all the others. When I got there, Kelly took me for a ride in his newly finished V6 Alpine. I is a rocket. We had a lot of fun riding around in it. The food was excellent, as was the conversation. Everyone had a great time.

I'm sure that the fellows will be posting some pictures so you can see some of the fun we had. We had a couple of long distance guys. Greg Galvin drove down from Santa Maria (about 500 miles), and John Leder flew in from Florida. I can't wait till next year, when we should have a lot more V6 Alpines there. We almost had 6 V6 Alpines, but my friend got sick and couldn't come.

Jose

Last edited:

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Had a great time yesterday meeting a ton of local Sunbeamers! The cars look fantastic, and Owen (my son) is still talking about how great Tom and Storm's Alpine sounded. I hope to have my work-in-progress driveable for next years meet and greet! Alos, food was great, still partially dieing from the Death by Chocolate and the banana pudding was fantastic!! Thanks Kelly for hosting another great event!!

- Garet

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks Kelly for hosting this fun event. What a beautiful May afternoon with some awesome Alpines and their owners. It was great seeing friends again and meeting some more Sunbeam enthusiasts. Jose, it was an honor, thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it. John, Rich, Kelly and the rest of you Sunbeam guys, I'll see you at Cars & Coffee Irvine again sometime!

https://picasaweb.google.com/105988...unbeamGathering?authkey=Gv1sRgCNet94es9PfK7wE

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting pictures Mike. Can you identify which car belongs to who?

They all look good!