• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Featured Marque

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK Guys and gals,
This show is on the 24th and we, yes we are the featured marque! Let's show up in big numbers and show all of the organizers that when they give us the honor of being the featured marque that we appreciate it and will give them 100% support.

Who is up for going to dinner together after the show?? Sam, where would be a good place?

http://www.gallabrae.com/events/2

Cheers,

Last edited:

dmich2

Donation Time
Contacted a friend in Greenville about restaurant recommendations. I told her we were looking for a place not at the Ruth's Chris level, but above Golden Corral....hope those measures don't offend anyone ;) I also added something with a local flair instead of a chain. She recommended a place called Sobys. Its downtown. Checked the menu online. A little pricy, but not as bad as some I've had dinner at.

Just a thought.

Dennis

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure hope I can get my '67 running to make a visit also!

Missed the Columbia event! Don't want to miss this one.

DanR

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Guys, here's a restaurant Idea

While Soby's is a good restaurant, the problem is that it is Downtown G'ville, without convenient/ safe parking for our cars. It would be every man for himself parking. Also a tough reservation for a large party.

I suggest a visit to the Flat Rock Grille. It is located less than 3 mi from the show, on the edge of a shopping center so there is plenty of parking.

Here's a link to the website

http://www.myflatrock.com/Home_Page.html

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Sam! How does this look for everyone? What if we went to eat right after the show. Say 4:00ish? That way the day trippers could come eat with us prior to heading back? Just stinking thinking out loud!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I saw the t-shirts for this years show with a Sunbeam on the front! great Job Sam! See everyone next weekend.

Cheers,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great Day for the Sunbeams 5/24/14

I'm sure Sam will make an update here, just could not wait anylonger to say it was great for the Sunbeams.

Beautiful weather, great crowd of "lookers" and lots of conversations on the cars.

Lots of Alpines, tigers, an Alger (Jerry's) and a V6 (Doug Miller).

Maybe next year:eek:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Once again this Furman show was a good time, good turn out of 'beams some new ones to the group. Todd and Doug took pictures. Maybe they can get some posted.
Car ran ok both ways a little better on the way home, sorry I didn't stay back with Greg and Steve, had to go.
Great job Sam
Tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
The best of the shows... thanks Sam, allways fun...

I have two awards to pass on...

one for Bill Pulpit and one for Allan Ballard... congrads dudes, you both got third place...

I accepted your awards and had my picture taken in your place... (with the two beauty pageants girls):D

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Lots of too! laughs

Bill & Allan, Ed did you good representing you, accepting "your" gifts.

How does he pass the Kisses on;)

They were two beautiful young ladies.

DanR

P.S. Ed, it was nice meeting you, Tom and Greggers again.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks everyone for supporting the show. We were graced with beautiful weather, a great turnout of cars, and time with good friends.

Hopefully we all will do it again next year. Plan on staying for the concert of Scottish bands on Saturday night after show, as the cars were not the only pretty things there today!

Attachments

• Scottish Belly dancer1.jpg
    Scottish Belly dancer1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 26

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sam, thanks to you and all your assistants for a great Saturday.
Being close to Asheville I took the opportunity to visit my family near there and missed the dinner which I know was a lot of fun.
The Sunbeam circle was in full tilt and more than one passing person commented on the "party going on" and you know they wanted to join in.
Who ever provided to food has good taste, so thanks to them as well.
I hope everyone got to meet John Miller[ we are not related] from Durham, who drove in Sat. AM w/ his '61, on the road for the 1st time in many years.
Said he took it around the block 2 times Fri. night and hit the road for Greenville early Sat. morning. That is bravery.. and he made it w/o a hitch.
I did take some pictures but will have to get them to someone else to post as I have no success w/ doing so.
BTW, that grassy, oaktree lined mall was a great place for a show.