• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam colour no. 169, Platinum

kha1967

Donation Time
Hi there

Can anybody tell me if the Colour no. 169, Platinum. can be dated back to the early 60'es. I have a colour range sheet with no date on. I also have a mixing formula for colour no. 169, dated to 74.

So all in all did the colour no. 169, Platinum, exist in the early 60'es in the Sunbeam colour range?

Ken

Mark B

Donation Time
From what I am seeing, you could special order any Rootes colour. The Platinum 169 was certainly on the list, but I cannot determine how far back it was used or available. This link has a Factory Service Bulletin, ( http://teae.org/paint-color-codes/), and has the Platinum, but I cannot find a date it was released. If you track down the FSB, or the previous exterior paint FSBs mentioned in this one, you should be able to get a date. I cannot readily recall where I saw all of the bulletins listed, but someone on the boards will likely have that info.

Thanks,

Mark B

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a Rootes color chip book that has a color chip of #169. It doesn't look unique like the other Rootes colors, its just a light silver metallic.
The date is 1973 in the book, which makes sense to me since the color code number is way high (169)
Jan

Last edited: