• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Series IV & V Data & Torque Settings

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This video details Sunbeam Alpine Series IV & V Data and Torque Settings. It is designed to let you quickly access technical specification data on your iPhone or iPad that you may need while working on the car. Rootes changed numerous torque and data settings over the years either by updating Workshop Manuals or publishing Service Bulletins. The figures quoted on this video work well on our Series IV & V Alpines and as far as we are aware were the most up to date issued by Rootes. If you ignore these settings and follow what was published previously in a manual be aware that there will have been a reason why it was changed.

You can fast forward from the contents page (where the timing of each section is listed) to the relevant data figures for whatever part of the car you are working on, then pause to confirm what you require.

Tim R

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tim,

Thanks for creating another video with great information. I am wondering if you have all of that information in a simple text format.

Thanks,
Mike

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Mike,
I took the information out of simple text format by going through the manuals and service bulletins until I had what seems to be the final recommendations that Rootes made and settings that we know work well on our own cars. It would be relatively easy to make a text format list of what is on the video and put it on a PDF. I'll try and do something.

Tim R

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tim,

I wasn't looking to make work for you. I thought maybe you already had the info in a text-type document.

Thanks,
Mike

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Just curious about the "leafspring" wrapping you show in your photos. What's that all about? Never have seen that before.

thanks, Jim
And Thanks for posting.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Mike, Attached is the information in a single PDF text document.

Jim, Wrapping the leaf springs in Denso tape is a common modification in the U.K. It keeps water and muck away from the spring leaves and they stay smooth and lubricated for years (literally). When clean and well lubed, the spring leaves slide over each other silently and don't make ridges and wear marks. The suspension on our Alpines is as silent as a modern car.

Tim R

Attachments

• Sunbeam Alpine Series IV & V- Data & Torque Settings..pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 22