• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine Series III-V & Tiger: Fitting the windscreen glass into the frame

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This is Part II of a series of three videos that cover repairing and re-fitting the windscreen frame.

This video covers how we refit the highly curved Alpine glass into the steel windscreen frame painlessly without straining the glass or the rubbers.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi George,

I have often wondered if it is possible to change an Alpine's glass without removing the windscreen frame from the car.

Presumably you remove the stainless trim and rubber seals, push the old screen out then use a similar method with the string to get the new one in before re-fitting trim and seals?

I intend to fit a heated windscreen into this car later this year so if I can do it without removing the frame from the car it will be easier.

Have you actually done it?

Tim R

greenbean

Donation Time
I replaced my windshield many years ago with a Sunbeam Specialties rubber gasket and a Victoria British windshield all while the frame was bolted to the car. All I needed was a soaped up piece of twine/rope to ease the windshield in (with very little pressure I may say) to the gasket and my wonderful wife to hold the installed parts of the windshield in place until it was all seated. Took us a total of 15 - 20 minutes!!!

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi George,

I have often wondered if it is possible to change an Alpine's glass without removing the windscreen frame from the car.

Presumably you remove the stainless trim and rubber seals, push the old screen out then use a similar method with the string to get the new one in before re-fitting trim and seals?

I intend to fit a heated windscreen into this car later this year so if I can do it without removing the frame from the car it will be easier.

Have you actually done it?

Tim R
I have done this 4 times and no problems