• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Permanently curing Steering Box oil leaks.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We have just uploaded a new video on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel showing how we permanently cure steering box leaks. If you are an Alpine enthusiast please subscribe to this channel, it is intended to be a video workshop manual that will help every Alpine owner. There are dozens of videos on the channel showing how we do various jobs on Alpines. Even if you choose to do the task differently, watching the video will show all of the parts involved and how it can be done.

Tim R

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
It makes such an improvement over having oil in the box, constantly leaking out! Tim R

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great video, but where in the US do we get that oil? I've never heard of it, unless it's known
by another name here. I know there has been discussion of using white lithium grease but it;s
a bit thicker than that.
Cheers!
Steve

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve, Cornhead oil at Tractor Supply or online.
I've been following this thread with interest, as I think what I currently have in my gearbox is too thick. I will be near a Tractor Supply in a few days and plan on picking some up. I can find Corn Head Grease online, although Tractor Supply doesn't seem to show it on their website. However, they do have this, which looks interesting. Any thoughts on this? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...BNnbUeiFfSgLH21c6aPZYSK7hgRGVhOoaArsNEALw_wcB

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim, That may be even better. Cornhead oil is rated 0 and 00 is a little thinner. Cottonpicker oil is 00 rated. Those names sound comical but they are the names of real agricultural equipment.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Jim. I'll spend a little time looking around at TS, unless anyone here beats me to it and reports back first.