• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam alpine overdrive

Acollin

Donation Time
I just transplanted my 1972 mgb gt with an overdrive transmission and was wondering if it is a simple swap to put an mgb overdrive transmission in my 1966 sunbeam series V.
I ask because I seem to stumble over mgb overdrive transmissions!!

thanks all

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I highly doubt your MGB trans will bolt to an Alpine engine. I would say no chance, but I've never tried it. Your MG OD won't bolt to a Sunbeam trans. Even a Sunbeam OD won't fit a non-OD Sunbeam trans (different rear main-shaft). If you really want an OD, I have an OD trans and OD but it's SIII and a lot of miles plus an international border away.

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you wanted to fit an mg trans to the alpine youd have to make your own bellohousing/ adaptor , a new output shaft and modofy the drive shaft... That's providing their is no tunnel mods.

There were a few kits to .fit a toyota 5 speed to the alpine.. Probably a better option.

There is an alpine i know with an alfa 5 speed from a gtv iirc

Acollin

Donation Time
Thanks

i doubted , but was hopeful.
It clearly makes no sense to stuff a size 10 shoe onto a size 12 foot. Best to get something that fits!!!!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks

i doubted , but was hopeful.
It clearly makes no sense to stuff a size 10 shoe onto a size 12 foot. Best to get something that fits!!!!
There are OD trans out there keep looking but be careful I have seen an advert for a guy in Canada that seems to have a couple