• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine Front Suspension (Coil Spring) ?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great to hear from you Mark!

The "new" springs I had made are in my '65 SIV GT WB35 Alpine undergoing full restoration and V 6 engine transplant.

I finally got the front suspension all back together with everything new including the new springs.

It is not road worthy by a long shot.

I did see Classic Sunbeam had the Tiger coil spring listed in their catalog a while back. They probably would make a good replacement!

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Hi Dan,
Thank you for the reply, and its great hearing from you! Sounds like you're getting pretty close to back on the road with that fine machine. Thats great news. I did see that that CS is apparently stocking an array of springs. My dilemma is somewhat similar to your mentioning of not knowing what lb rate to be looking for. Based on similar machinery, my guess is something in the neighborhood of a 300 Lb rate spring of similar dimensions would do the trick. I'm not so much interested in seeing how low I can make the car. I'm looking for suspension compliance, to the extent that it was originally intended. In any event, I'll check with CS and see what they have to say about free lengths, Lb rates etc. I will be very anxious to stay in touch with you as you get closer to driving the '65. I'm sure it will make some fine music!! All my best, Mark