• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
OMG,
You have no idea what a blast this beast has become. Best way to describe the feeling is remember a long time ago when you could fly on a plane?
When I get into it, it feels like you are on takeoff in an airplane. Really pastes you into the seat. Just got done installing a boost gauge to see how much pressure it is putting out. Nearly 350 BHP now WooooooooHooooooo!
FUN FUN FUN!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Brian, it sure feels like it. Now I need to install a spark plug defouler to clear my CEL because of a test pipe in place of the Catalytic Converter.
For testing purposes only of course. ;-)

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I think I found a body and paint person, will know wether they can do it for a reasonable price and keep it out of paint jail.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Did some work on clearing the CEL today and found a small leak at the new intake radiator cooler. Best that it was found sooner than later.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Tried to isolate the source of the leak at the cooler and found the tubes taper down to a smaller diameter which may have been the problem having the hose pushed too far onto the tubes and the clamp not closing correctly. Still monitoring it to make sure. My first attempt at clearing the CEL was not successful, time for plan B.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Still sorting out the downstream 02 sensor. My first body guy makes more money painting cars than he does doing the body work and paint so he passed on it. Looking for another

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Is there a more secure way for the headlight rings to stay on? The small "rivets" at the top plate don't seem to enough. Anyone done any mods to make it better please?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Spent some time making stronger shock tower supports as the ones that came with that bar were weak and the placement was wrong. Some angle iron, cutting, shaping, welding, painting and done.
Tower bar bracket.jpg Tower bar.jpg

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there a more secure way for the headlight rings to stay on? The small "rivets" at the top plate don't seem to enough. Anyone done any mods to make it better please?

Earlier series headlight trim rings had a screw on the bottom to keep them from flying off. The series 5 rings don't have the screw and use a spring clip setup instead.

I have earlier trim rings with the retention screw hole on my series 5 and I drilled a hole in the spring clip to add a sheet metal screw.

Mike

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike,
Thanks for your reply.
The ones I am using do have the retention screw, will have to do the mod you suggest for peace of mind. How tight against the rubber gasket should they be?