• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sun visor and mounts

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good Afternoon,

I was driving my new ( old ) toy this past weekend and realized I am missing the sun visors and mounting hard ware for my 1966 Series V.

Any ideas where I can find these?

or maybe a suitable replacement set?

Thank you

Emmett
Whittier CA
aseries2@aol.com

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
Greetings again,

So I have been looking at the pictures on this site and almost all the Alpines are missing Sunvisors.

Any pros and cons? For the one picture I found, it looks like the visors might get in the way.

Any ideas? Comments?

Thanks again,

Emmett
Whittier
Aseries2@aol.com

alpine_64

Donation Time
The visors for s3-V are great wind deflectors for your forehead when your roof is down... And if the sun is mod afternoon they are good in the up position... In the down position they are very effective at blocking sun and the road ahead....

Not sure how tall you are...but the alpine screen is quite short and the windacreen frame is almost eye level... So visors are good for wind rather than sun.... But nice to have anyway

My .02

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
But a hat or fit some Tupperware Cobra types in tinted plastic. I was planning to buy just the hinges and then make my own. However the baseball cap is always there, doesn't fall off or drop down hit a bump but certainly can take off and end up on the road.