• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Summertime ride!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Yesterday my bride and I took Ol' Blue for a nice evening ride.. Earlier in the week I had removed the hardtop so we enjoyed a top down cruise of about 30 miles. It was the first time in about 10 years the hardtop has been off the car. The 2.8 V6 continues to run very well. I reinstalled my American Racing Libre wheels and have new General Altimax tires all around. I am ready for the trip to KC and the upcoming SUNI.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul, Question..... Are you planning the trip with the Hard Top or the Soft Top.

I am inclined to the soft top on Blue Boy. Just not sure of the weather.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We took the Alpine Coupe out for a 50 mile shakedown cruise. Not so much mechanical, but how to live with it. We decided the seat had to be raised, accelerator lowered and the shift lever relocated toward the driver. So I put 1 3/4" blocks under the driver seat, adjusted the gas pedal so the pedal hits the floor at WOT (which it hadn't) and made a 3" extension for the shift lever. All that helped a bunch. Can't say it is as comfortable as the 67, but it is a big improvement.

The car drives like a dream. Goes where you put it and stays there. Hit the gas, it stays put. Brake, it stays put. Road gyrations do not upset it. Also, the hot weather ventilation is good. Temp in the 85 range and we were okay. A trip to Kansas City no longer seems out of the question.

So far, I have had to switch oil filters, drain the 85-90 gear oil out of the transmission, lube the steering box, plus the above projects. The car is coming along quite nicely.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hope you can bring it to SUNI Bill! Would be a treat to see and will fit nicely in the new originality class for judging too.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
So a couple of days ago we took a little ride in the Alpine couple hundred miles runs great with the new carb. Had an a nice lunch also.IMG_20210430_082849907.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, From what conversations I've had with Bill, He and Barb are planning to drive the Coupe.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Now it's time Joel brought his new toy to the SUNI. Would like to see it.

Might figure a way get by there on the way back home if He doesn't make SUNI :)

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul, Question..... Are you planning the trip with the Hard Top or the Soft Top.

I am inclined to the soft top on Blue Boy. Just not sure of the weather.

Hi Dan It depends on weather. If it is hot and muggy I will use the hardtop and the AC. If the weather is more fall like I will probably use the soft top.
I have to install the new front rail seal on the soft top - always a pain!