• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Strangest eBay ad ever!

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I sent a question to the seller to clarify Tiger, since no Tigers were made prior to 65, or is a swapped v8. I got a reply:

"Its a conversion. The frame is alpine and the engine is tiger. Tigers go for 170,000 alpines go for 35,000."

I doubt (and hope) anyone will meet their starting bid. Not sure how reality will arrive.

Apparently the listing has been pulled.

Last edited:

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
It had to be a joke, late night I received an ebay email with three pictures of three different cars. :D
P.S I will sell my Series II for $35,000 if anyone is looking.

Last edited:

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I will sell two SV's for $35,000. And I'll even have to go out and buy another one to do it.

Where does 'quirky' cross over into 'fraudulent'?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
John and Ken .... That sounds like a great deal considering her response to my somewhat "snide" line of questioning. Here's her response and the pic.s I asked for. kelsepawly0 (0) .. ("100,000 no matter who owns it. Thanks for your message if you have any questions ask away.") .....

........ :D

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 64
  • $_13.JPG
    $_13.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 62
  • $_14.JPG
    $_14.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 59

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
John and Ken .... That sounds like a great deal considering her response to my somewhat "snide" line of questioning. Here's her response and the pic.s I asked for. kelsepawly0 (0) .. ("100,000 no matter who owns it. Thanks for your message if you have any questions ask away.") .....

........ :D

Interesting photos, considering those are three different cars.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Check this ebay listing out - at $115 its likely priced higher, on a relative basis, than even the Hollywood Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alp...ash=item3cd76a8b95:g:2EcAAOxyEoFSVmvF&vxp=mtr
There are 13 people "watching" - I wonder if they are interested in buying this one or selling theirs!

This guy has been listing this knock-on spinner and various other heavily used alpine parts for the last year .. always high prices.. never selling.

I think it's a workshop in Melbourne.. probably found some old scrap parts and trying to make their fortune... :rolleyes:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Isn't the last pic a club members car that was advertised on ebay? .....

....... David

I think you are correct. If memory serves me correctly (always a dangerous way to begin a sentence at my age), I think that is Rob Wiseman's car.

This guy is a real piece of work. He is either a scammer or just delusional and possibly mentally impaired. I am inclined to believe it is the former.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
By the way, Oscar winner Kevin Kline was my neighbor growing up and I was friends with his younger brother, Chris. Kevin, Chris and I once looked at Playboys in their garage attic. So, I figure my SV has a really strong connection to a Hollywood celebrity and, to get everyone's interest, I am taking offers starting at $25,000 for the car.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
:D .... Good one Jim! .... I responded to her ad (again) .... This ol' man just gets a kick outa' shaking the fruit and nut trees to see which one's fall off and how far they'll roll. .... We'll see if this time I might get some accurate photo's of the car or at least a good chuckle!

...... David

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
By the way, Oscar winner Kevin Kline was my neighbor growing up and I was friends with his younger brother, Chris. Kevin, Chris and I once looked at Playboys in their garage attic. So, I figure my SV has a really strong connection to a Hollywood celebrity and, to get everyone's interest, I am taking offers starting at $25,000 for the car.

By the way Jim ... I also looked at the forbidden fruit in a pals garage growing up ... His dad was David DePatie ... Him and Fritz Freleng animated many Pink Panther episodes so what kind of value would that add to my 62'? ...

........ :D .......... David

alpine_64

Donation Time
By the way Jim ... I also looked at the forbidden fruit in a pals garage growing up ... His dad was David DePatie ... Him and Fritz Freleng animated many Pink Panther episodes so what kind of value would that add to my 62'? ...

........ :D .......... David
Depends David, is the car painted pink?

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
:D ... Michael .... One of my first cars was a 62' champagne metallic pick Cadillac coupe ... but for 25,000 I'll paint my 62" Alpine any shade of pink any buyer may want ... Here's what I mailed her? .. Hi .... I was wondering which one of the photos is the car being sold as all four pictures are of different cars? .... Are there pic's of the underbody, engine, interior and boot? ... The DMV would have record of past owners so a lie detector test wouldn't be needed.... the video is of a "Tiger" and is very different from a converted Alpine. To be able to make any kind of offer I'd need to have accurate and detailed pictures of the exact car being sold.

Thank you for your time, ... P.W. .

This was the response .... someone is buying it for 80,000$ if you don't pay 90,000 or more I am selling it to her or the highest bidder.

Okay I'm done ... This person must be joking:rolleyes:

.. David

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Me think it should be......

....in the "WASTE MY TIME" thread:D

DanR

P.S. The clown that made that post is still laughing:)