• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Strangest eBay ad ever!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Interesting, I was a Scottish Lord in a previous life, I know this because a Psychic
told me about it at a free craft fair I attended. So, my restored Alpine must be worth at least $70,000. I mean, just think about sitting down where a previous Scottish Lord had his butt. I promise this is true.............;)
Oh, and I can send you better pictures. Honest.:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Whatever this gal took, it has really done a job on her. This ad has to be a joke. no one with half a brain is going to believe it.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
AGREED!! .... They sound like there's only a couple of marbles rolling around in that gourd of theirs! ... Cali has some of the strangest people on the planet. Worth a 100K ??? .... It gets stranger here by the day ... I'll be glad to depart this cesspool as soon as my youngest is out of school! ..... JEEZ!! ... If I go on this should be put in the Rant section:rolleyes:

... David

** just sent a question and asked for more pic.s

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
If the listing is real, maybe "chrome" is supposed to be "clone", since it says it has a "Cobra V8 Engine". All I know is that it is the worst ad I have ever seen.

alpine_64

Donation Time
If the listing is real, maybe "chrome" is supposed to be "clone", since it says it has a "Cobra V8 Engine". All I know is that it is the worst ad I have ever seen.

Worst.. Lets be kind.. Strangest...im impressed they managed to get photos of a series ii and s3 blur them and upload... Quite impressive for a crack addict :eek:

65beam

Donation Time
ebay

Could be someone posted this to see what would be said and how long and how far the remarks would go. They may be testing the waters.

johnd

Donation Time
The story gets even better. The Cheryl Crane mentioned in the ad was Lana Turner's daughter - who stabbed to death Lana Turner's boy friend (Johnny Stompanato) in 1958 when she was only 14. It also appears that Cheryl Crane was Lana Turner's only child - and that Cheryl Crane was/is a lesbian. If this is all true (and it must be because I got it off the internet - Wikipedia) it calls into question how it came to be that Lana Turner has any grandchildren.

johnd

Donation Time
Correction - I should have read the ad more closely - the ad does say that Cheryl Crane had a step brother. The step brother is apparently the ad writer's father. That could make her a step grandchild, I guess. Though I'm not sure if there is such a thing.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I just asked.
Hello
Do you have a picture of the motor and the car you are selling?

This should be fun.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
You guys are missing the big picture.

johnd wrote: "...who stabbed to death Lana Turner's boy friend (Johnny Stompanato) in 1958.."

And, and, and, and then...

... Series Alpine production started the very next year!! (per Wiki).

Coincidence? I think not. :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I was debating making an offer of a handful of magic beans ..... But not sure I'm prepared to let them go right now... :D

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor

I think Chrome is coming from the item description Trim entry, which also says chrome. The Cobra V8 might simply mean it has Cobra rocker covers.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Well ... So far no response to my request for additional photo's or an explanation of why the pic.s of two different Alpines. I also supplied a link to the clubs web site so they could get some "real" expert advice on what they have and it's true value, though the link was this thread ... I just couldn't help myself:D ... Even though some folks may think a cars owner has something to do with it's value in my mind it doesn't make any difference especially Hollywood personalities. I'm sure many will disagree because what some dough heads are willing to pay for bragging rights ... A self absorbed generation is what it's mostly about and the all mighty buck!

..... David

Happy Patty's Day Everyone!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well ... So far no response to my request for additional photo's or an explanation of why the pic.s of two different Alpines. I also supplied a link to the clubs web site so they could get some "real" expert advice on what they have and it's true value, though the link was this thread ... I just couldn't help myself:D ... Even though some folks may think a cars owner has something to do with it's value in my mind it doesn't make any difference especially Hollywood personalities. I'm sure many will disagree because what some dough heads are willing to pay for bragging rights ... A self absorbed generation is what it's mostly about and the all mighty buck!

..... David

Happy Patty's Day Everyone!

Had it been owned by a Kardasian, it would be worth a million dollars (said with the a pinkie finger to the corner of the mouth).