• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock S1 Front Shocks

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
I'm finally getting busy again on my S1 and I'm rebuilding the front end. I pulled the shocks off and they aren't great but aren't shot either. I went ahead and ordered new ones form SS and they just arrived.

The bad news is that I'm kind of anal about my Sunbeam and would like to keep the shocks really stock. The ones that came from SS do not have the metal dust covers over the top. I spoke to SS and they are indeed stock.

My car was built around May of 1960 and the shocks were built in March 1960. Apparently Armstrong changed their shocks to no longer require the metal dust cover sometime after March.

My question is: Do you know of any way to get the dust cover off of my original shocks, without ruining them, and put them on my new shocks?

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
I just spoke with a shock restoration place and these shocks can not be restored. They are a welded assembly that cannot be taken apart.

He did give me a suggestion for removing the dust cover but that didn't work.

Oh well :(