• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock oil cooler

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
A friend is looking for a couple of stock units for his car's. Please contact me with price and availability by sending a PM and by including your phone number.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Warren, you talking the SV hedgehog oil cooler or the oil filter bade with the plumbing for such.. Or both?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Tubular single row that looks like a big pipe cleaner and mounts to brackets in the valence. Mike can you comment on the large jack clips in other thread?

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Kind of interesting descriptions; Hedgehog and a Pipe Cleaner. Hmmm.
Guess I'd go with the Pipe Cleaner.
Can't tell you how many hours I spent straightening out those cooling wires. Maybe it helped cool it, but since you can barely see the thing, probably wasn't worth the trouble. (Looked good though.)

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I was thinking it looks like The thing my mother used to clean the tube on a coffee pot percolating brush from the Fuller brush man but I don't want anybody to think I'm that old....

65beam

Donation Time
Sounds like someone wants to make a cooler for a MK 2 Tiger. I've seen that done. I've never heard the series 5 cooler called a "Hedgehog". That's a unique description considering the spines of the cooler and the hedgehog also has spines..

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oh I get it like the horse guys Hedgehog boot cleaning brush . Doesn't seem to be a great design but most of us raised on lawnmower engines and VW's know the benefit gained by getting the oil cooler away from the engine . Even if that is in a Rube Goldberg like piece called a hedgehog a bottle brush from some plumbing vendor. My involvement is to help an older gentleman that doesn't hunt and peck the www.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Warren, I have two oil coolers. One is stock. See picture. If interested please send me an email at 64venezia at g mail dot com
Robert

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey Robert, good to see you posting.. Will have to drop you an email.. Hope youre keeping safe and well.