• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering box install

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Should have taken more pictures on disassembly.

I have a bracket with a fixed bolt that goes though the frame and five holes, one at the firewall end that attaches, along with the bolt, the bracket to the frame. There are four other holes, in a box pattern, two of which are threaded. The steering box has three holes in a triangular pattern and doesn't mate with the bracket.

What am I doing wrong?

The jpg "steering bracket" was taken on disassembly.
"steering bracket 2" as is now
"Steer 2" the Box
"Steer 1" the mating issue

Attachments

• Steer 1.jpg
    Steer 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Steer 3.jpg
    Steer 3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • steering bracket 2.jpg
    steering bracket 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 39
  • steering bracket.JPG
    steering bracket.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 40

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
jmahall,

Just a wild guess. In steer3, move bracket to left so the top two holes in triangle line up with top two holes in steering box - should allow all three triangle holes to line up with steering box holes. It's been more than forty years since I was that far into disassembly so I might be wrong.

Hope this helps.