• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering arms

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
I know the answer is, Yes. However, I need to be sure.

Is the steering arm from a series V Alpine compatible with a Tiger?

mikephillips

Donation Time
Actually I don't think so. I think the tie rod will hit the rotor. But what you can use is MGB steering arms. They're a bit longer and require a 5/8 spacer on the center bolt hole as well as slightly widening the distance between the holes by ovaling them a bit.

mikephillips

Donation Time
It does. The steering arms face the front in a Tiger and the though is that they're just Alpine steering arms swapped from side to side and pointed to the front rather than the back.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
It does. The steering arms face the front in a Tiger and the though is that they're just Alpine steering arms swapped from side to side and pointed to the front rather than the back.

NO
The arms from an Alpine are definitly different from a Tiger.The thought was just switch the sides and point them frontwards.
They do indeed look similar.I know for a fact as I went that route and had to bend them make them work.I no longer use them as I use Mustang spindles
I think I still have the ones I bent hanging around here somewhere.Gee now I need to go look for them as my interest is aroused.

65beam

Donation Time
i stopped in today to see a tiger expert in this area and asked him about the arms .the tiger arms are different .he said he had used alpine arms in the past but they had to be bent in order to use them.he also said something about the tie rod spindles being slightly larger on the tiger.

skywords

Donation Time

Thanks (I see) I was thinking of the drop down and idler.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Normally when steering arms are mentioned it's assumed you mean what's hooked to the spindles. In a Tiger, the Alpine steering box, crosslink, and idler assembly are dispensed with and a completely unique to the Tiger setup used.