• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Starting Issue: No spark at all

BritsUpNorth

Silver Level Sponsor
No, I haven't. However, the Pertronix was installed by the PO - I have no idea how old it is, no receipts, etc. Besides, the new distributor was only slightly more expensive than a new Pertronix unit. Maybe I should have looked into it, but I figured that throwing a bit of money at the problem would cover all possible bases.

Best,

Ed

Have you tried talking to Pertronix before spending the money on a new dizzy?

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
'but I figured that throwing a bit of money at the problem would cover all possible bases.'
If indeed the dizzy is the problem. Pertronix can fail, but seldom do.
Good luck with it though.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a Pertronix in my Mustang. Never had any issues with it, although I do carry a set of points and condenser in the glove box. I also have a kill switch installed. It’s wired to the run side of the ignition. On the Mustang that’s the resister wire. When the switch was first installed I forgot about it. Went to start it would fire then die as soon as I released the key. I was getting so angry that it would not keep running. Then I remembered the switch.

Another time I was driving home from work and the thing just died. Same thing, would fire but not run. I found the wire had come loose from the kill switch.

BritsUpNorth

Silver Level Sponsor
Hello again,

So we installed the new PowerSpark distributor today, and the car started right up! Problem solved. The project can move forward.

My thanks to everyone who posted in this thread.

Best,

Ed