• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

starter wire routing?

mightyohm

Donation Time
Does anyone have a photo showing how the starter wire should be routed from the solenoid to the starter? I'm replacing my starter cable and not totally happy with how the existing wire is routed. It gets very close to the exhaust and the steering mechanism and I'd like to see how the factory did it.

mightyohm

Donation Time
That helps. Looks like the series V solenoid is mounted 90 degrees from the series II.
Thanks, Tom.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Curiosity got me looking! I see pic 016 of Jon's pics shows pretty well how the original wiring was routed on Series II. Later pics show that as part of his restoration, he turned the solenoid upside down from original. But that was only possible because he switched the car to right had drive, as he lives in the UK.