• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Starter Motor

mickjj

Donation Time
I have sitting in my garage a brand spanking new Lucas starter motor that was bought for an MGB. Is it possible to use this motor on my Series I ?. It does have the solonoid connected to it instead of seperate. and it would connect wit the rear of the flywheel instead of the front.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Mick,

You may want to check the the pinion assembly and 'throw out' measurement are identical. The mounting holes will probably be identical. It's up to you regarding the starter solenoid, but I'm not sure about how it meshes with the flywheel. If the MGB's mount their starter motor's differently, it may not be viable.

Regards, Robin.