• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stang Rims

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me if these would fit my Alpine?
They are 4 bolt but I have no idea what year of mustang they have come off of.
STANG-RIMS.jpg

Thanks,
Andrew

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
If it is a Mustang wheel, it has the correct bolt pattern. What I don't know, is what is the width and diameter of the rim. If the offset is neutral, it will fit.

Jose :)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
You may need different lug nuts.Correct me if I wrong but I seem to remember the stang lug bolts are 1/2 inch and Sunbeam are 7/16th inch.I know you need the right nuts for mags (1/2 or 7/16) and are available at speed shops

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
You may need different lug nuts.Correct me if I wrong but I seem to remember the stang lug bolts are 1/2 inch and Sunbeam are 7/16th inch.I know you need the right nuts for mags (1/2 or 7/16) and are available at speed shops
Chuck,

You're right. It will need some different nuts. When I used my first set of Panasports, I used a set of nuts to fit the 7/16" bolts in front, and a set of 1/2" for the rear, until I finally had the front hubs changed to the 1/2" studs. It can be a pain to run different size nuts on each end of the car, but it can be done.

Andrew

Donation Time
Stang Rims and tires

If it is a Mustang wheel, it has the correct bolt pattern. What I don't know, is what is the width and diameter of the rim. If the offset is neutral, it will fit.

Hi Jose,
The rims have a depth of 5" and it is 2+" in form the rear face of the rim. So it is .5" off of center. The rims have 225/60 R15 BF Gooderich TA tires that I am sure will be a problem, any insight?
So if they are to work I would have to change from 7/16 to 1/2" lugs/nuts?
Thanks for the help,
Andrew

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Andrew,

I would forget it, because I think those tires are too big to fit. Which way is the .5" offset; positive or negative? Positive would put the tire closer to the outside of the car. Negative would do the opposit direction. If it is negative, you could use a spacer to move the wheel out, but if if it is positive, you will have the tires rubbing the inner fender well and I think you'd almost have to put flares on it. There really isn't a whole lot of room under there. I have seen guys run 205/50 15's on the back, but never a 226.

Dan Moore

Donation Time
Hi Andrew
I was talking to a friend of your today Chris Lunn . You really should come down to Sarnia some day and meet the beamers here?

Dan

Andrew

Donation Time
rims

I was sure that the tires would not work as they are very wide but I was looking to use the rims on my SIV. I will keep looking around for others,
thanks for the help guys.
Andrew