• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sreering rack`n`pinion required!!

P

paullio

Hi, can anyone help?:confused: i need to fit a rack`n`pinion steering to may Alpine as i`ve put a redtop engine in and the Webers catch the box, does anyone know what fits or is there any alternatives to the Tigar steering rack`n`pinion?? :confused:

miket

Donation Time
The MGB rack and the Midget rack, are both about 42" from end to end. The difference is that the Midget unit has a short shaft and the MGB a long shaft that would run right over the Alpine engine mount.

By the way, I purchased dune buggy U-joints that are more than half the cost. I just received them and they look pretty tough. Not as pretty as a stainless unit, but who cares.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi, can anyone help?:confused: i need to fit a rack`n`pinion steering to may Alpine as i`ve put a redtop engine in and the Webers catch the box, does anyone know what fits or is there any alternatives to the Tigar steering rack`n`pinion?? :confused:

I do have a MGB rack with the longer shaft in excellent shape with tie rods.You could shorten it and use Borgersen universals.They have it all.A bit pricey but the best.I have them in both cars.
If you want the rack you can have it for 20.00 plus shipping.The 20 is for mostly trying to pack it good

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,
A club member here in Australia installed a WRX steering rack into his tiger, but I'm not sure what modifications he had to do to install correctly.

Regards, Robin.