• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spring like today!

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
36ºF here right now but on Wednsday it will get down to 5ºF again. I can't wait for spring, but then it will just be raining all the time.

Why are you using the C scale for temperature? I think the US most people cannot relate to Celsius. Plus the gradient is less in celsius making it less accurate when using whole numbers of temperature.

Usually I give both so you can see its cold one way or the other.
As to the Celsius it is and can be measured such as 10.5 or even 10.52.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
How come you are talking the F scale for temperature?
Or did you mean Celsius?
How is Saskatoon?We have a niece there.Her husband is very involved with kids hockey.

No, it was -32C this morning. I still understand F better than C so I always convert when on American dominated internet sites.

Saskatoon is a good place about 6 months of the year, a lot like Winnipeg. Hockey is big, especially for kids.

Unfortunately, I own 100% of the running Rootes cars, that's a downside.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
The borders are open you know. I don't know how you guys manage up there. I can't imagine living some place where if the furnace fails you may not wake up.

But will the border patrol let your old SII re-enter? She feels quite comfy and pampered in the garage at 50F.

Actually, it takes quite a while for a modern house to cool off, even at -40C/F. I'd guess 24 hours before any danger of freezing pipes.

I suspect you'd like our summers over yours, usually 70 - 85F. Every few years it gets to 100 for a day or two.

Al

skywords

Donation Time
But will the border patrol let your old SII re-enter? She feels quite comfy and pampered in the garage at 50F.

Actually, it takes quite a while for a modern house to cool off, even at -40C/F. I'd guess 24 hours before any danger of freezing pipes.

I suspect you'd like our summers over yours, usually 70 - 85F. Every few years it gets to 100 for a day or two.

Al

How is the ol girl? I would like to travel up there when it thaws out. Drive my bus there towing the Alpine on a trailer.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
How is the ol girl? I would like to travel up there when it thaws out. Drive my bus there towing the Alpine on a trailer.

Hi Rick
If you ever decide to go to Saskatoon be sure to stop in Winnipeg for a visit.
We have had a few sunbeamers stop in over the years and had a barbacue and a few bubblies with us.

skywords

Donation Time
Hi Rick
If you ever decide to go to Saskatoon be sure to stop in Winnipeg for a visit.
We have had a few sunbeamers stop in over the years and had a barbacue and a few bubblies with us.

If the God's are smiling on us this summer then we might just do that. I bet it's heaven on earth there in the summer. :)

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor

Still running strong. I'm more or less planning to drive her to SUNI.

Be sure to get in touch if you come.

Al

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Swings in Temperatures -

:eek: Last night 70 degress (F) and our first really loud Thunder Storm. Old wives tales says all the snakes are awake now, yea I will sleep better at night knowing that (not). Anyway today that cold front you guys up North pushed down on us is coming through low of 26 degress (F) tonight Burr!

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
A little snow and freezing rain last weekend, but not too bad. Just enough to remind you not to take off the snow tires yet. 20 degrees the last couple of nights, clear and calm. But I didn't notice sitting in the hot tub this morning looking at the full moon. A little later it warmed to about 40. Ditched the coat and enjoyed a little sun. Three weeks of skiing left here in Southern Idaho before the spring honey-dos threaten our existence.

The first spring hatch of whistle pigs (ground squirrels) is out now. If the wind is calm, the little buggers are everywhere. This is the time when my boys (twenties) and I go though several hundred rounds of ammo in the name of making food gathering easier for the hawks, coyotes and badgers. Won't bore you with the details. (maybe I already have) Whistle pigs are at the bottom of any food chain.

Note to self. Don't forget to make time to work on the sumbeam.