• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Speedometer calibration

lgurley

Donation Time
I have a SV with a 3:70 rear and an overdrive transmission. Who do I need to kill /oops/ call to get my speedometer to give me a reasonable estimate of the mph?

Thanks in advance

alpine_64

Donation Time
i believ if you are in the UAS moma or the buisness that has come of that group is the place to send them.

V_Mad

Donation Time
I have a SV with a 3:70 rear and an overdrive transmission. Who do I need to kill /oops/ call to get my speedometer to give me a reasonable estimate of the mph?

Thanks in advance
I think the standard O/D axle is about 4.2 so yours will be reading about 13% low?

Just wondered how you got a 3.7 rear, is that from a Rapier H120?

RootesRich

Donation Time
Without going into too much detail, I just had a terrible experience with MoMa. I had them rebuild/ recalibrate 2 speedos for me a few years ago and they did top quality work. My latest rebuild/ recalibration was the exact opposite.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nissonger did work for me years ago - restored the instruments for my Triumph Renown - and although they did good work they were mega-expen$ive.

lgurley

Donation Time
3:70

I think the standard O/D axle is about 4.2 so yours will be reading about 13% low?

Just wondered how you got a 3.7 rear, is that from a Rapier H120?

I had to order it from Holland If you are interested they are just a little over $400. You can PM me if you would like phone and e-mail contact name. I got all my info here on the forum.