• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

speedo calibration

lgurley

Donation Time
I changed my SV to a non syncro 1st gear O.D. transmission and I changed the diff to a 3:70.
I now need to have the speedo calibrated. I have a couple of contacts who do that kind of work. Before I call them, do I need to know gear ratios etc? If I do need them, does anyone have them available? Now that I can run with the big dogs on the hwy I need to know how fast I am going.

RootesRich

Donation Time
If one of your contacts is MoMa (which I don't recommend based on my experience with them 2 months ago), they will ask for a ratio. Not sure about the other guys.

I believe I have the conversion ratio you need at home, but I'll need to know what speedo (the model number on the bottom of the face) you're running. Is it a stock SV speedo for a 3.89 rearend?

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
You might be able to bypass all the calculations by making them a chart of indicated vs. GPS speed, at 5 mph increments. That's kind of the bottom line.

Ken

lgurley

Donation Time
British Jaeger

If one of your contacts is MoMa (which I don't recommend based on my experience with them 2 months ago), they will ask for a ratio. Not sure about the other guys.

I believe I have the conversion ratio you need at home, but I'll need to know what speedo (the model number on the bottom of the face) you're running. Is it a stock SV speedo for a 3.89 rearend?

I don't know how to tell if it is a stock speedo for a 3.89. I have no reason to believe it is not. On the front is printed "Made in England" just below the trip meter. just behind the speedometer needle is printed "Sn.5324/23 1536" and at the bottom of the dial "British JAEGER"
This is all the information I have available.
If you have anything which would help me I would appreciate it.
Tell me about this company you don't like. PM me please.

Larry

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm not home right now, but after Labor Day I can look up your numbers in my original Smiths books and tell you.