• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spade connectors.

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Sunbeam experts. I'm having a real tough time finding the 10mm female spade connectors that go on the back of the Ammeter of my S1. Started wiring the dash recently and I'm installing the correct ammeter. No one in my area has anything like them and no supply houses I've contacted have ever seen that size. Anyone else ever had that problem? Dave

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I seriously doubt that your S-1 left the factory in 1959 with anything metric. Is it possible that the connectors in question are 3/8" (0.3750") rather than 10 mm (0.3937")?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
One can buy wire terminals at ACE Hardware. If it's too small, take a rat-tail file and open it up?
Jan

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've purchased those at Advance Auto Parts, so any decent (if you can find one) parts store
should be able to help. Most ammeters I've seen have two sizes of male terminals. If not you can probably
add the right size should you need to.

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for all the help, yes, 3/8 is correct. I just used millimeters because the ones online were measured that way. (From China so what do you expect). Locally no one has any larger than 1/4" in stock. I'll try Advanced Auto parts tomorrow. Thanks for all the help, Dave

alpine_64

Donation Time
because the ones online were measured that way. (From China so what do you expect).
I don't know... Given the majority of the world uses metric... I would expect metric to be the main focus of supply and measurement. Especially if they are supplying parts not specifically for 60 year old British cars??