• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SOVREN Harrington

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Who's GREAT looking white Harrington was at the SOVREN race today (7-2)? I was at Turn 2B and came out to wave at you. Beautiful car!!!

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The LeMans belongs to Jerry Logan of Spokane, WA. He did a great job on the restoration and has won several trophies with it over the past year.

Jerry hopes to have it at Sunbeam Northwest Aug 4-7. If he makes it, he can tell you about its verrrrry interesting history. See the Regional News-Pacific Coast section for more info on Sunbeam Northwest.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I appreciated your wave Tracy and the fun gestures from other volunteers around the track. I had a great day with everyone from SOVREN. My Harrington returned to this track for the first time since its last race at Pacific Raceway Park's Trophy Race October, 1962.

Thank you for the kind words Dick I have enjoyed the opportunities to share this Harrington with other car buffs at various shows throughout the Pacific Northwest. I was happy my son showed up to take the parade laps around the track with me. However, disappointed you or Bud (depending on the coin flip outcome) couldn't ride shotgun. Maybe at the Sunbeam Northwest Aug 4-7 event (no coin flip required).

Janne I have a more recent historical article submitted to Road & Track. Maybe at some point in time this article could be included at the Harrington website. As a note of appreciation to you Janne, your efforts in documenting and maintaining the history of the Harringtons requires a bow fit for the King of Swedish Sunbeam owners.

I should also publicly recognize two other Sunbeam experts for providing me with considerable understanding when I first began my Harrington restoration. Ian Spencer whose enthusiasm and knowledge delivered many understandings about the development and manufacturing techniques used in the Harrington factory. And to Jan Servatis for a tour of his shop while he gave me many tips on the restoration of any Sunbeam.

Cheers
Jerry Logan

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
You will be aghast to know that they identified you as a Triumph Coupe! I called in on the radio and corrected them but some folks do not take correction well and he referred to you as the "White Coupe" from then on! Anyway, after watching an endless parade of common Audi's, Corvettes, Pontiacs (And a really cool Panhard), I saw you in Turn 2 and just about fell down the hill trying to get trackside and to say hello!!
Thanks for bringing that great car our to our races, I hope you and your son enjoyed the day!!!