• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Southern Calif Association of Tiger Owners Invitation

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I want to share the following note I received from Mike Michels, Tigers United Chairman:

I wanted to let you and all Alpine owners know that our next Tigers United will be June 18-21, 2020 in Big Bear California. I’m the “lucky” chairman of the event. I realize that the event name may not sound inviting to Alpine owners, but we really do welcome them. Last year we tried to connect between our events in Cambria and Santa Maria, CA, but at the late date and distance between sites, it didn’t prove practical.

Plans and pricing are still being finalized, but a lot of the leg work has been done. The Lodge at Big Bear (formerly Northwoods Inn) is our headquarters. We have negotiated a block of rooms at good rates, a concours site, a rally through the mountains and the airport will host an autocross.

If SAOCA is thinking about having a west coast invasion, why not piggy back it with our event?. Big Bear is at 6000 feet in the mountains and the weather is great that time of year. The hotel has various meeting room facilities if you want your own hospitality or other functions. We will have security for the cars. Although we would love them to join all the activities, we generally provide some of the meals and events on an a la carte basis, so Alpines could participate at whatever level they like.

Here’s a link to the hotel web site: https://www.thelodgeatbigbearlake.com/

Whether or not we try again for a West Coast Invasion, this looks like a nice opportunity to meet fellow Sunbeam owners. Maybe it would be worth trying to organize a new Invasion, coordinated with this event?

Last edited:

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I think this is a great idea. The location for many of us Southern Californians is close enough, and many of the Northern Group travel quite frequently. This would be great fun, and a great showing of our wonderful Marquee. We need to seriously get behind this invitation and start speaking up. The work has been mainly done and all we have to do is show up for the fun. That being said, the CAT club needs to know in a timely manner of our decision to go or not.
Me? Well, I'll throw my hat in the ring right now. I'm in. How about the rest of you?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Almost always at Tigers United there is other Rootes vehicles class as well as an Alpine class. A Washington state S2000 converted Alpine was at Sacramento and it drew a lot of interest.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I know this is almost a year away, but when it comes time for an Invasion, a year is not so long. The invitation from the CAT club is a chance for the Tigers and Alpines, Modifieds and all other Rootes groups to Unite and Invade Big Bear. This should be a great time.
It would be great to let the CAT Club know if we're interested in joining them.
If you have any thoughts of going to this gathering, it would be appreciated if you let us know.
Quite a few CAT members are members of SAOCA and vice versus. Two great clubs together would be so much fun.
There will be driving, eating, showing, story telling, tips and demonstrations. Plus I don't know what all. Most likely parts swap/sale. And did I mention Driving? And Eating? Friends, meeting new friends? And Fun?
You will not want to miss out on this opportunity to steep (English tea reference) yourselves in this Sunbeam Culture.
Let me know, I volunteer my services at Secretary of the Westcoast Sunbeam Invasion 2020.
Send me your info...….

Jim Jordan

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been to 3 Uniteds in Big Bear with the CAT Club This Hotel, as I remember, was great... pool etc
This is always a great event and I encourage all who can, do attend!

Bruce

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ryan great to meet you .
Hope you can look up other Ryan in Spokane and the other Sunbeam guys .
Next year is Big Bear sorry it's further away .

ryanneptune

Donation Time
Ryan great to meet you .
Hope you can look up other Ryan in Spokane and the other Sunbeam guys .
Next year is Big Bear sorry it's further away .
Big Bear is perfect it’s a frequent destination for us already... this next year shall be way different as I’m really looking forward to the autocross again...won’t have gummed up injectors... after the auto cross in sacto the first lap I found something odd was happening although I got faster times subsequently the engine was considerably slower... that being that I neglected to filter the fuel and totally completely clogged the injectors to be honest I don’t know how it was even running...