• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Solex Carby

lemansvk

Donation Time
Is anyone out there running the standard Solex PAIA? If so, can you tell me if it uses an oval rubber gasket between the carby and airfilter (like my Vogue III does) and if so, whether these are available anywhere?

Thanks, Vic

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Vic,

Before my conversion to the Dellorto side draughts, my car ran the original Tecalemit air cleaner assembly. It has the oval carby adaptor with sealing ring. The air cleaner originally had the two inlet pipes approximately 200mm long, but a previous owner cut them back. If you PM me with your email address, I will take a photo and send it to you. I was thinking about putting it out with hard rubbish, so if you would like it, it's yours for the delivery cost to you.

Regards, Robin.