• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top seal

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
With the floods receding, I am reminded that my front seal on my soft top is still not on. (Pulled off right after I got the car) It appears to fit into a slot on the front of the top. I have tried sliding it on, working it on and swearing at it. Throwing it across the garage seemed to work the best. Is there a trick to this or is it just a bear?

65beam

Donation Time
i put a small amount of contact cement on the front rail ,slide the bottom of the seal into the mounting strip ,then use a small screwdriver or similar item to put the top of the seal in under the upper flange.let it dry before snapping to the windshield.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Eleven, I like your approach, I fought with mine for hours,(used a small plastic putty knife instead of a screwdriver) finally got it on.. left the top up all was good.. put the top down for a day or two, when I went to put it up again seal just about dropped off... When I reinstalled it, I used black silicone gasket maker(just a light smeer) I've the top up and down a bunch of times NO PROBLEMS.
Good Luck..just remember it's an inanimate object.... mine didn't listen at all !

Tom j

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you both!

I'll get some adhesive and go that route. Was trying to get it to stay without as there never appeared to be any glues before. I'll go fetch it out of the rafter where it is hanging and try again!!

65beam

Donation Time
adhesive

go to your local hardware store , lowes ,home depot,etc and buy the small bottle of glue with the brush built into the cap.works great ! the one i use is weldwood contact cement.don't try a spray. the spray seems to come loose on any application .